Chapter 5: The Kindness from Others

(Opening Theme: Soul Eater NOT! Opening 1 Monochrome)

The Friendship Games had started the very next day, and the first event that had begun was known as the Academic Decathlon, and so far, much to Crystal Prep's surprise Canterlot High was doing well. For one thing in the bakery competition, Pinkie had pretty much eliminated most of the competition, when she made a cake with the Mona Lisa in it. That put everyone into a shock.

Within the games, Crystal Prep was surprised that they have a challenge. It was literally for all to get through every single thing they threw at them in the first event of the games. Many competitors were eliminated so easily and it had all lead up to the final game of the first event and Sunset was going up against Twilight. They were both trying to figure out the same problem and the pressure was on.

They managed to finish it and Cinch went to go and check the results. When she was finished she pointed to Sunset, "Incorrect." She said.

This had made Sunset feel a bit down.

Luna checked over the results. "That means the winner of the first event of the Friendship Games is Twilight and Crystal Prep!"

Twilight smiled and waved. Everyone in Crystal Prep gave a monotone clap and cheer, while Adofo on the other hand was cheering loudly. "YEAH TWILIGHT!" he shouted, "WOOHOO!"

The other five joined up with Sunset. "That was awesome!" Rainbow Dash cheered.

"Truly amazing!" Rarity said.

"But we didn't win." Sunset had said.

"That was as close as winnin' than Canterlot's ever been." Applejack said to Sunset.

Cadence had said to everyone, "After a carefully tallying the points, we'd like to present the students moving on to the Friendship Games second event."

Sunny Flare, Sugarcoat, Lemon Zest, Sour Sweet and Cherry went to join Twilight up on the stage. Twilight and Cherry both hugged each other, both of them equally happy to see each other since they made it to the second event. Adofo couldn't help but cheer to them again, "Whoo! Congratulations you two!"

The main six had cheered as well since they had gotten into the second event as well. Both her and Cherry walked off stage with the others, that was when Twilight's pendant started to beep again. "Hey you two, congratulations on winning." Flash Sentry said to them. "I'm sorry excuse us." Twilight said taking Cherry's hand and going outside of the gym. "Oh okay then." Flash said, "Aw."

-Later Outside of the School-

Twilight and Cherry followed the main six outside of the school and were currently hiding behind a nearby pillar. They saw Fluttershy leave the group and go into the bushes and saw a cat was in her bag. They went to get a closer look to see what they were doing but were spotted by Fluttershy. "Do you wanna give her a treat?" Fluttershy had asked the both of them.

Twilight and Cherry both looked each other but ultimately moved from their hiding spot. "I guess we're not the only ones that snuck their pets to school." Cherry said.

Fluttershy chuckled, "Not just one." She unzipped her bag, and a bird, a gerbil, and two bunnies came out. Both her and Twilight were surprised to see this. "Whoa." Twilight said, "All we have is Spike."

"And Zeo as well." Cherry said, unzipping her bag letting Zeo fly out, "I'm looking after him for a bit."

Fluttershy pet Zeo and Spike, "It really is uncanny. Do they talk?"

Both sisters were taken back by her question, "Um... Not that we know of?" Cherry said.

"Congratulations on making it to the second event by the way." Fluttershy had said, "Though no one else seemed pretty excited about it."