Chapter 6: The Playing Field

(Opening Theme: Soul Eater NOT Opening 1 Monochrome)

Fluttershy had met up with her other friends and had explained to the others when she was with Twilight and Cherry. She had just finished up her explanation to them. "All I did was hand them both a bunny, and than I ponied up." Fluttershy had said.

"I just don't get this." Sunset said, "First Rarity's magic came out when she made us outfits, than Pinkie's when she fixed the party, and now Fluttershy."

Fluttershy had then added, "And then Twilight's pendant thingy and Cherry just pulled the magic right out of me. I couldn't even stand up."

"Like me at the party!" Pinkie said.

"Or me right before we met, Twilight, Afro and Sakura." Rarity had added.

Sunset had seemed to put everything together, "So to make this clear, Twilight and Cherry are both stealing magic?"

"Hmmm, I don't know." Applejack said, "They don't seem like the magic stealing types."

"But think about it for a second." Sunset said, "They had something to do with closing the portal. If Twilight's pendant and Cherry can pull in magic than maybe they stole the portal too."

"How?" Fluttershy asked her.

Sunset replied, "I don't know. And the only two people that know everything about magic who can help me figure this out is completely unreachable now."

Pinkie had said simultaneously while popping up in random places, "Which is too bad, because Twilight and my poofy woofy are the only ones know about magic and portals and magical portals and portable magics!"

Ultimately, Pinkie had ended up tripping and landing face first on the ground. Rainbow Dash helped her up as the main six stepped outside. "For now let's just focus on beating the Shadowbolts." Rainbow Dash said, "And as long as this event puts me in a playing field, I don't think we have anything to worry about."

Applejack did a double take by what she saw when they stepped out of the school building. "Oh, it puts you on a playin' field alright." Applejack as she pointed in the direction she was looking.

Rainbow Dash's eyes widened as did everyone else's, while Pinkie gasped loudly. There on the field they saw a track that was for motocross, another that was designed for roller skates and lastly one that was designed for archery and running.

The main six were speechless by this. "Seriously, am I the only that thinks this is overkill?" Sunset asked them.

Applejack went up to the motocross track, giving it a couple of kicks. She turned to Rarity and asked, "I don't suppose you made motocross outfits?"

"Oh don't be ridiculous." Rarity said. She suddenly pulled out of nowhere motocross outfits, "OF COURSE I DID!" She shouted.

At that very same moment, Principal Cinch was telling the Shadowbolts what they'll be doing. "All of you will be racing in pairs." Cinch had said, "Indigo Zap and Sugarcoat will handle the motocross."

"YES!" Indigo Zap said with enthusiasm.

"Lemon Zest and Sunny Flare have requested the short track." Cinch had said to them.

Sunny Flare and Lemon Zest high fived each other. She than walked over to Twilight and Cherry. "Since archery is a standard requirement at our school, any of you should be able to do it." Cinch said, "Twilight and Cherry will start us off, while Sour Sweet will provide a substitution just in case."

Sour Sweet had said kindly, "Well that's just marvelous!" She than said sourly, "If you wanna lose before we even start."

Cinch had said, "Given that they both passed the first event with flying colors, I have confidence that they both will be able to pull their weight here. Won't you?" Twilight and Cherry both nodded nervously to Principal Cinch.