Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Jenna's pov

I was going to lose my job for sure.

How could I have been so stupid?

Why did I go to that club and get drunk?

Everyone left the office but I stayed back so I could gather my things.

The sexy stranger came in and told me he was assigned to show me around and that we would be working together.

Could this get any worse?

"Look that night was a huge mistake, and it never should have happened. Can we please just forget it ever happened and act professional?"

"I am a professional, and for me it was already forgotten."

"Good now let's get to work we have a lot to get done. You can also call me Christian."

"It's nice to meet you Christian I am Jenna."

He looked at me weird when I introduced myself since technically we already knew each other, but it was like a fresh start.

One that would be strictly professional.

It did hurt me how he acted since it was my first time, but he was an ass so I just had to get over it.

This was not the guy I wanted in my life.

I wanted love not some lying cheating jerk.

We got to work on the papers piled up in front of us.

I felt so uncomfortable being alone in here with him, but I couldn't let it show.

Not if I wanted to keep my job.

We worked on stacks upon stacks of papers but it didn't seem like we were getting anywhere.

We decided to work through lunch until we heard a knock on the door.

I looked up to see Christian's wife at the door with some guy.

Christian didn't look to happy to see them together, but I didn't know why.

She told him she was leaving for lunch with this Chuck guy.

He didn't even get up to kiss her goodbye.

They left and he just went back to the pile as if that didn't just happen.

Maybe they had an open marriage.

Either way I didn't want any part of it.

So I just kept my mouth shut and continued to do my work.

I did not want to be involved in anyone else's drama.

I was here to better myself, and that was what I planned on doing.

This is the new me, and I wasn't going to let some guy ruin all of that.