Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Jenna's pov

I felt so bad for doing this to Christian, but it had to be this way.

I needed him to think I was with someone else.

He was married, and no matter how bad the situation was I just couldnt be with him.

Last night was it we could never make that mistake again.

I wanted to keep my job, and having an affiar with my bosses son in law was not a way to do that.

I just couldn't let myself fall for him.

That would only end in heartache.

He was stuck with his wife, and I just couldn't wait in the shadows for him.

Stephen was a nice guy, and a great distraction.

I knew Christian was watching us I could feel his eyes on me.

Why does he have to make this harder on me?

I knew I couldn't avoid him forever so I walked over to him so we could get our work done.

The faster we got it done the faster we could get back home.

"So nice of you to actually make time to do your job." Christian said.

I didn't have the energy to fight with him so I just ignored his comment and followed him around to talk to the different writers.

I was so fustrated because he wasn't letting me help at all.

He introduced me as his secretary.

Are you kidding me right now?

He was seriously messing with my career right now.

I walked away from him, and went to find Stephen.

I knew I had made a huge mistake with Christian one that cost me my career.

I gave Stephen my number and told him to call me sometime.

I knew Christian was busy so this was the perfect time to do what I knew I needed to do.

I went up to my room and packed all of my things then got a cab to take me to the airport.

I called my boss and let him know that I just couldn't work with Christian.

Luckily he was understanding he paid for my ticket home, and told me he would help set me up in any company I wanted to work at.

Once the plane touched down I couldn't wait to get back to my place.

I got back and put my luggage in my car.

I couldn't afford this place now that I was jobless so I might as well leave now.

I wanted to be gone before Christian came back.

I called up my boss once again and he told me about a company so I called them.

I was happy that I got the job and they would even put me up in a condo.

I hurried and got in my car and just drove before I lost my nerve.

So much for the new me.

Running away like the coward I have always been.

This was my first and last experience with a man.

He broke me, and I doubt I would be the same again.