Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Jenna's pov

It's been a month and a half since I left, and I still can't stop thinking about Christian.

I thought he would come looking for me, but I guess not.

I have thought so much about calling him, but why should I?

He's a married man, and I was just some fling.

I loved being here, and the company I worked for was great.

People were always so friendly here.

Stephen has called me a lot and we have even met up a few times while he was here promoting his new book.

I just wasn't interested in being with him though, and let him know that.

I had so much going on in my life right now to get involved in a relationship.

I had actually started to do some writing and published my first book.

For right now all I wanted to do was focus on my life, and start being the person I wanted to be.

I know soon I will have to focus on someone other than me, but luckily I have some time before that happens.

I was really nervous because today I had a meeting with this new company that wanted to sell my book and launch me into a tour to promote it.

It just opened up a month ago, but already made a name for themselves.

My publisher works with them so she set up this meeting.

I hated meeting new people.

I was always so insecure about my book even though I was told it's great.

I pulled my car into a parking spot and walked into a very beautiful building.

It looked like it had a story to tell all it's own.

So far so good.

I walked up to the receptionist and told her my name.

She told me to have a seat that the last meeting was running a little late.

I was so nervous.

I was meeting with a C.J Robertson so that made me even more nervous because it was a guy.

I still felt very awkward around the opposite sex.

I was starting to have doubts about this meeting when I was told to follow the recepsionist to a board room.

I quickly walked in and took the seat closest to the door.

She told me someone would be right with me.

I got my book out ready to make my pitch.

I heard a noise behind me so I looked up only to see the person I never thought I would see again.

"Jenna what are you doing here?"

He didn't look happy to see me at all which I had to admit hurt like hell.

"I have an appointment with the ceo."

"Well I am the ceo and I don't remember having a meeting with you. I have a meeting with an Amber Rose, but that's not you. So I need for you to leave."

I was almost in tears for the cruel way he was talking to me.

Just then my publisher walked in and gave Christian a hug.

Looks like he's had a fling with her as well.

"C.J I see you have met Amber."

He looked at me then back at her.

"No I haven't had the pleasure yet my first meeting ran over and I just walked in."

It was amazing how fast his attitude changed once Ivy was near him.

Then again I'm sure she's his type tall bloned, big boobs, and rich.

The way they looked at each other made me sick.

Guess maybe it was time to get a new publisher.

Hell they acted as if I wasn't even in the room.

"Well since you two seem to have a lot to talk about I will go. Thanks Mr. Robertson but no thanks I am not interested in your company selling my book."

"Now Amber don't be so rude to C.J."

"My name is Jenna my writting name is Amber Rose and as for you Ivy you need to find a new job because your fired."

I got up and walked out before either of them could say anything.

I just needed to get far away from them and calm down.

This stress was not good for my health.

I got to my car and allowed myself to have a good cry.

I trully thought he loved man I was so wrong.