Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Christian's pov

I can't believe the new employee is the one woman I couldn't resist.

Yea I made a huge mistake and had a one night stand.

I cheated on my wife.

Then again she cheats on me every day with the guy she really wants.

I took my vows seriously.

I loved her so much, but the only reason she married me was because I was the kind of man her dad approved of.

The guy she really wanted to marry was someone her family would not let her be with.

So she went on and married me so they wouldn't cut her off.

Now she still has the one she loves on the side.

After years of being hurt I got drunk and made a mistake.

Well to me it wasn't a mistake.

Jenna was an amazing woman.

If I was single I would go for her in a heartbeat.

Working this closely with her could be trouble.

Sitting here with her all I could think of was kissing those soft lips.

She was so determined and confident two of the sexiest qualities in a woman.

She was going to be an amazing addition to this company.

I just couldn't let anyone find out about the amazing night we shared or she would be gone.

I don't want to be the one to ruin her career.

I looked up to see my father in law had come in and smiled at all the work me and Jenna had gotten done.

"I'm sorry to bother you guys hard at work, but I wanted to let you know I need you both to go to a conference in Rome."

I looked at him like he was nuts.

He was sending us to Rome, Italy for one of the biggest conferences our company holds.

I had no doubt my lovely wife came up with this idea so she could have more time with her lover.

"Sir I'm not sure that's a good idea. No offense to Jenna but she's just learning the types here."

"Well that's why your both going. This will be a great learning experience for her. I would do this but my doctor won't allow me to fly because of my health."

I really cared for my father in law he was the dad I never had growing up.

I couldn't say no to him.

"When do we leave?"

"I need you to leave tonight."

That was such a short notice.

He told us his secretary would come with the details once she gets everything set up.

This could be a disaster.

Was he testing me?

Did he know what happened between us?

No he couldn't know or else he wouldn't be sending us away together.

He must really believe in her to give her this opportunity so early after starting.

We put all of the files away and I told her she could go home to get ready for our trip.

I also told her the company car would pick her up and take her to the airport and we would meet up there.

I knew we would be taking the company jet since this was such short notice.

Part of me wondered what she thought of us being alone together.

Did she think our night together was a mistake.

A part of me wanted to know what I meant to her.

I know I don't have a right to ask her.

I can't worry about someone I can never have.

I was stuck with a woman that didn't want me.

I guess happiness wasn't meant for me.