Twenty-Five

Veronica's POV

Within three years we never expected this big change to happen.

The way we lived and the way our life will become, but I guess sometimes, when you need to change in every possible way.

I stare deeply into a picture frame of three girls: Saira, Alethea, and I. The old us who were immature and naive. The kind of girls who only wanted to live by the moment suddenly disappeared. When people tried to find them, they are no where to be found.

Questions arised of where we have gone but no one dared to answer them.

We left the day she finally decided it's time for a change. With no place to go, our feet led us to many places. Each places that left us with lessons that we used to grow into the women we are now.

Especially Her.

"Veronica it's time for us to attend the meeting," Saira called me.

I nodded as I button my blazer. "It's finally time to raise the curtain, huh?" I said.

"It's been three years. I think that's enough time for people to think we truly disappeared."

"Do you think she's ready for it?" I turned around and face her. "Do you think she's ready to make everyone pay for what they've done to her?" I asked, worried.

She smiled. "Who knows. We haven't seen her ever since we told her we'll be coming to Philippines," she answered.

Three years we split our ways from Alethea. We left her in New York City by herself to do some business here in Philippines. We told her to keep in touch in case something happened, but within those three years, no news was heard from her.

The only news we have about her is she is slowly dominating every top company around the world. She's been leaving her tracks in disguise of someone else and guess what, she is not the same person she used to be.

"We aren't doing anything wrong, right? I mean with changing someone like Alethea," I said while I put on my earpiece.

Saira shrugged her shoulders. "There is nothing wrong with helping someone change herself. In the beginning, she would not be going through this changes if they did not destroy an innocent girl," she explained.

I took a deep breath and walked toward her. "I just hope one day, she won't regret the changes she made in her life," then I walked out of the room.

I wouldn't want her to regret wasting her time just changing herself. Plus the fact that she wanted to do it just meant she agreed to allow her inner self to come out of the box that she has been protecting for a long time.

There's no going back now, Alethea. Not for you or for us.

I took a deep breath as I made my way to the office.When I reached the office I entered and fixed my hair as I sat down in front of the laptop. After logging on Skype, I grabbed the voice changer and connected my earpiece to it. As I was doing that, Saira entered the room talking to someone on the phone.

"Yeah, we are ready whenever you are," I heard her say.

While listening to her talk on her phone, I was getting everything ready. Hacking on the CCTV of the company we are planning to take ownership of. Opening files that contained all of the dirt and secrets of that company. Of course, we wouldn't forget about recording every conversation we are about to make with them.

I could honestly say, within the time we got separated from Alethea, my hacking skills got enhanced. I actually took a class for one year with computer programming and reading more about the programming languages, which gave me headaches for several months trying to figure out what they all meant.