Chapter One

"What's up, Kloss?" Cara greeted lively as she steps inside Karlie's office.

Hearing the door slam, Karlie lifted her gaze from the documents that she's been reading to the blue-eyed British blonde who's walking towards her, carrying a take out from her favorite Italian restaurant across the street.

"Let me guess, you're going to bribe me with that veggie lasagna again because you're late again. It's the 5th time that you've been late this month, Cara." Karlie's firm stern voice rang inside Cara's ears, causing Cara to flash a nervous smile as she puts the take out down on Karlie's desk.

"Geez, Karls, you've changed!" Cara sighed, slumping down on the single couch in the corner. "Loosen up a bit, you've been obsessing over the C-murder case for months now, you used to be a happy go lucky, cheerful Karlie who always wears her signature sunshine smile on her face! Flash a little smile right there, partner."

Karlie sighed as she averted her gaze back to the papers to go through them once again.

"Geez, you're no fun now, Karls. Anyway, here are some of the information that you've requested." Cara took a thick folder containing all of the documents that Karlie requested. She puts them down on Karlie's desk and sat down on the couch again.

Silence enveloped the room as Karlie started scanning the documents, reading all of the necessary information thoroughly. It thrills her whenever they have this new assignments aside from the C-murder case. There's something about these what she so-called small assignments that gives her the sense of satisfaction whenever she fulfills them.

"By the way, one of our surveillance subjects, Alex Chase, went missing last week. It's the 29th time that something like this had happened. Do you think it's 'The Angel' again?"

"No doubt," Karlie responded, shifting her gaze back to Cara. "The Angel's the only one who could work so clean like that, no bodies, no traces, no evidence."

"Is that the reason why you took the C-murder case instead of The Angel's when you were asked by Lt. Lily which one would you like to work on?"

Karlie nodded silently as she pulled out her laptop from her bag. She opened her laptop and motioned Cara to come beside her.

"So, this," Karlie showed Cara, a file that contains all of the information that she'd gathered about C for these past few months. Possible weapons used and all of the records of the criminals that C killed. "We're looking at someone who's really good with a knife. Look at how clean the cuts are."

Karlie traced the image of the cut that was inflicted upon the dead body, the last victim C killed. The cut was professionally done.

"Do you think C is a sushi chef?"

"A sushi chef is possible, but it wouldn't be my first choice."

"Then what will be your first choice?" Cara asked, looking at Karlie curiously.

"I don't really know, but this person, can handle a blade really well," Karlie clicked the next button, showing Cara the room where the victim was found. "This person probably used a sharp light knife or a blade, perhaps a sword but what they saw in the crime scene is a butcher's knife instead. See those blood splatters? They're clean sprays of blood. No splashes, no drips on the floor. It's impossible to achieve such blood work by using a butcher's knife."

"You really are obsessed with this killer aren't you, Kloss?"

"Who wouldn't be. C intrigues me. The way that this person kills fascinates me. This person works cautiously but would leave such a messy crime scene."

Karlie closed the image viewer and closed her laptop, putting it to the side before grabbing the take out that Cara bought for her.

"Seriously Kloss, after looking at those picture you're going to eat?" Cara looked at her in disgust. Karlie grabbed the plastic fork and sliced it through the veggie lasagna, looking at Cara while taking a piece of it in her mouth.