Chapter Three

"You're acting strange." Cara said, raising her eyebrows at Karlie who's grinning from ear to ear ever since she arrived at the office.

"Hey, isn't it that you've been searching for 'All Smiley Karlie?' well here she is." Karlie smiled as she sat on her desk and started scrolling through some important documents, reports of the murder scene last night.

"Let me guess, you met someone at the bar last night when I left you there or..." Cara opened the door of Karlie's office and looked outside where she saw Adam in a very unusual hot headed mood, yelling at other officers for their sloppy work. When he sensed someone staring at him, he looked at the direction at which the stare was from and saw Cara, flashing a mocking grin at him before pulling her head in and closing the door.

"Maybe you did something that will piss your mortal enemy number 1? Who's right outside the four corners of this office of yours." Cara snickered as she sat on the couch facing Karlie's desk, crossing her leg over the other.

"Do you really want to know?" Karlie asked, flashing a sly grin on her face as she put the documents down on her desk.

"Your smile is starting to creep me out," Cara said in jest as Karlie laughed. "You were just so mysterious and sick and just all over the place yesterday, then this, bringing you to that bar is probably one of the best decisions that I've ever made."

"And staying there is probably one of the best decisions that I've ever made."

"So what happened?"

"I met this girl last night and our meeting was really unusual, like the odds that something like that would happen to you is 0.1%." Karlie cupped her face in her hands as she smiled at Cara.

"Spill the beans, Kar. What happened and who's this girl?" Cara asked as she stood up and walked over to Karlie's desk and grabbed the documents that Karlie had just put down a while ago. She leaned her back against one of the shelves at the side of Karlie's desk and started skimming through the files while listening intently to Karlie.

"So, when you left, I downed two shots of vodka before I've decided to leave the bar, half-way through the exit at the back, someone grabbed my arm and tugged me to her direction then..." Karlie sighed as she turned her chair to the side, facing Cara.

"Then?" Cara raised her brow, averting her gaze from the papers to Karlie.

"Of course, I looked at her, wondering why she dragged me when I was just innocently passing by and was about to go home. I thought I've forgotten to pay for my drink, then when I turned around I saw Adam."

"Adam!?" Cara furrowed her brows as she narrowed her eyes in confusion. "What is he doing there?"

"Oh it was hilarious he was---"

"Kloss!" An authoritative, arrogant voice called out as the door burst open, startling the two. It was Adam, with a 2 folders in his hand.

He rudely slid it on Karlie's desk towards her and crossed his arms above his chest while staring down at her, waiting for her to read them without saying a single word. Cara glared at him, she never liked him, especially because of his arrogant, 'Mr.Know it all' attitude.'.

"Has anyone ever taught you that you should knock before entering someone else's office?" Cara asked snappily as Adam shifted his gaze from Karlie to her.

"It's none of your business, Delevigne." He said, flashing a cocky, arrogant grin of his. Cara shook her head in disbelief as she rolled her eyes at him.

"Unbelievable." She muttered before walking over to Karlie's side, she picked up one of the folders that Adam brought and started reading the files thoroughly.