Chapter Four

"I've been calling you for a bigazillion times! Where the hell are you!?" Cara's loud voice caused Karlie to swiftly pull the phone away off her ear as a response.

Putting the phone back close to her ears as she could no longer hear Cara's booming voice yelling at her through the phone, she furrowed her brows, mind's trying to create the perfect alibi.

"I went out to meet a friend, I'm sorry I had to go without telling you, it was urgent." She responded calmly as she parked her car in front of her apartment and grabbed her bag from the passenger seat.

"You haven't answered my question! Where are you? Where did you go? Did you even know that I even bought you your favorite veggie lasagna then when I came back you're nowhere in sight and YOU even turned your phone off?"Cara reprimanded yet her voice was laced with concern.

"I'm home now," Karlie said as she gets out of the car, locking it before walking towards black gate of the apartment complex. "And, Car. Can I just talk to you tomorrow over the phone? I don't really feel right now."

"Fine," Cara sighed frustratingly as her questions weren't answered. "I'll talk to you tomorrow but expect that on Monday, I'll be interrogating you the moment you step inside the office."

"Typical Cara Delevingne," Karlie laughed at the jokingly taunting tone of Cara's voice, as she entered her apartment building, greeting one of the tenants a smile as she walked up the stairs to her apartment floor. "Anyway, got to hit the sack Cars, see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow."

As the call ended, she put her phone back inside her pocket and dropped her bag on the floor next to the couch before slumping down.

Thinking about the silhouette of the woman who almost got her into a big trouble a while ago, she leaned her head against the couch's cushion and closed her eyes. Trying to relax herself and shake the feeling of uneasiness that's causing her stomach to churn.

Who is she? How did she know I was there?

Karlie's mind was filled with questions, she was anxious, knowing that there might be someone out there who's keeping an eye on her every move.

As Karlie slowly opened her eyes, she stared at the ceiling and clasped her hands together. Still thinking of who could that person be and how does that person know where she's going.

Hearing her phone ring that snapped her out of her thoughts, she grunted and sighed before pulling the phone out of her pocket but as soon as she looked at the phone screen, a smile crept across her lips.

'Taylor.'

---

Flashback

"Nice to meet you too, Karlie." Taylor smiled, blue eyes directly looking into Karlie's green embers as she speaks.

Breaking the handshake, Karlie took the keys out of her pocket and pushed the unlock button on the key fob.

"Need a ride?" Karlie asked, a little eager to keep Taylor in her company. There's something about Taylor that makes her want to know more about her. She found her very interesting and charming but she knew that there's more to that, she was having a weird feeling towards her.

'Probably just the alcohol.' She thought to herself as her lips curved into a warm smile.

Taylor nodded, side glancing at the entrance, only to see Adam staring straight at them, clenching his fist. She gave him a smirk and an eye roll before getting inside Karlie's car, kissing Karlie for the second time in her cheeks as the green eyed blonde gets in.