Chapter 4: Unexpected Date

Choi Seulgi

It's been a week since I've arrived here in Korea. And I've been learning a lot of Korean and of course, Vernon is teaching me a lot. And he says, I'm a fast learner. It's so good to know that I can talk to my brother anytime without any difficulties. And, after a day or two, I've been with my grandparents. They've been so good to me actually. We went downtown together with my brother. We went to an amusement park. I took a selfie with them and posted it on my SNS and also I sent it to my Aunt.

"Seulgi"

"Yes?"

"Your brother called, he said to go to their dorm. He has something to tell you"

"Okay"

I quickly changed my clothes in something casual. Just a big shirt and a pants. I put on a converse and grabbed my phone. There has not been a lot of activities this week. I don't even know yet, if my brother would let me study here. We have the same school system, and I'm home schooled. It'll be a new environment if I go to school. 

"Bye Grandpa. Bye Grandma"

"Take care Seulgi. We love you!"

"I will. Love you too"

I decided to just take a little walk, beside no one won't bother me since it's a private neighborhood. I guess no bad guys would appear in front of me. I'l get rid of them if they do. I took a selfie I could walk ahead. I looked at quickly and,

"Mingyu?"

"Hi"

"What are you doing here?"

"Just getting a little fresh air. You?"

"I'm about to go your dorm. Oppa called me to come over"

"Ah yeah, I heard him call your grandparents"

We were walking slowly and quiet. No one dared to say word. He had no plans on saying something that could put up a conversation and so do I. Whoa! This is so awkward. Of course, how am I suppose to say something to a guy? I didn't have any real conversations to a guy, I mean, all my life I've been with a lot of kids. Not guys. 

"I like your shirt"

"Gee. Thanks"

"Wanna go grab some Ice cream?"

"But, my brother-"

"I'll explain it to him later"

"Oh okay"

Before I could react, he grabbed my hand and we were actually holding our hands while walking a store two blocks from their apartment. I actually enjoyed his company. He started to talk about him and the place. I didn't know that he loves Ice Cream, too.

"Wait"

I grabbed a tissue and softly wiped the messy  ice cream on the left side of his lips. It's actually cute. I looked up to him and I could see that he was looking straight back at me. His deep black eyes. How can  God give him such a handsome eyes like him? I drooled. I looked away. I was drooling. Why did I drool? Okay, he's handsome.

"Want some more?"

"No thanks, I'm full"

After a few minutes, we decided to head back at the dorm. It's actually 4in the afternoon and the autumn leaves started fall it's leaves and shine it's radiant color. How I miss Phoenix. I used to read books under the shade of the enormous tree at the backyard by this time. And now, I'm here walking with the guy whom I've known for a day.

"Look, it's so beautiful. I used to stay under big trees in Phoenix"

"Really?"

"Yeah. Listen to music and often, read books, alone"

I chuckled. I looked at him and so was he. He grabbed my hand and we walked towards the park. We sat on the bench and stayed there for a few minutes. I decide to play the seesaw. It looks kinda weird, a seventeen year old girl playing in a seesaw. But I liked it. I never really played it before.

"Come play with me"

"You're such a kid"

"No, I'm not"

"You are"

He sat on the opposite and we played there in alternate. I come up, he goes down and vice versa. We doing that for about a few minutes and decided to sat on the bench. We were both looking at the kids who just arrived at the park together with their parents. They are so adorable.

"You like kids?"

"Of course. I grew up in an orphanage. I live with kids and stuffs"

"Really? So, you never really actually known hyung?"

"No. Not until my Aunt, the one who took me, actually confessed about him and my parents"

"It must have been a lonely life"

"It does. But right now, i think it's not"

"Of course, you have me"

"What?!"

He didn't respond but he just grabbed my hand and walked away. I kept on bugging him about what he said earlier ago. We just walked silently and still holding hands. He was sweating, or am I? I didn't know. It's my first time holding a guys hand. I didn't even hold my brother's hand. After a new minutes, we arrived at the dorm. We stopped before opening the front gate.

He looked down to me since I am really a short girl. He patted my head and smiled, "I didn't know that this would turn out to be an unexpected date. Thanks Seulgi" just then he kissed me on my forehead.

"Damn, I'm falling hard"

What did he just say? Just like that, he opened the gates and went inside first.