Chapter 4: Worst Nightmare

Woop!  I updated just like I sad I would! ^.^  I hope you are all happy about that, haha!~ ♥ Also, I hope you enjoy the chapter. c:  Speaking of which, I dedicate this chapter to LucyAshleyHeartfilia!  She's always been a role model of mine, and her books were the first I read on here! ^.^  She's amazing!  Well..feedback is very much appreciated, and until next time everyone!

{ яу-¢нαи | тнє иαℓυ ωяιтєя }

========================================================================

Erza exclaimed softly as she swung her sword through the air, dropping to the ground in her Heart Kruez armor; she didn't even change yet.  The monster she had just striked fell to the ground with a loud bang, and Erza turned to look at its now-dead body.  It had been a giant insect, which she had slain easily.  Letting her swords disappear in a flash of yellow light, Erza made sure to keep a look-out for those Nightmare Vines again.

I almost got snagged...  Erza thought, her face strained.  By my calculations, I should be near the exit soon...

Suddenly, another monster appeared, but this one was in the water which resided at least ten feet away from her.  It was a giant fish,with gray scales and three inch long white teeth.  Turning abrutly, Erza used her seven sword combo and sliced it to pieces in an instant, making the remains drop back into the murky pond with a splash.

Erza re-opened her eyes.  This is waisting time...

She let her swords disappear again, this time calmly walking on.

I should be seeing the exit soon...

_________________________________________________________________________________

"Not again!"  Gray exclaimed, groaning with annoyance.

Wendy, who was starting to tire, sat down on the ground with a thump.  Carla sat beside her, watching her with a little worry.

Wendy panted for a few minutes before speaking.  "W-Where now, Gray?  We've come back to where we've started after we split with the others three times now!"

Gray slammed his fist into a nearby tree out of frustration.  "How're we supposed to find our way outta this stinkin' place?!"

"Oi, Ice Face!"

Gray looked up in surprise, but then it turned into annoyance once he saw who it was.

"Natsu!"  Wendy exclaimed with delighted surprise.

Natsu dropped to the ground in between Wendy and Gray.  "If you two were paired together, maybe Erza and Lucy are together too.."

Gray nodded.  "Let's hope so."  Suddenly, he realized something.  "Hey wait, how'd you find us?"

Natsu rolled his eyes.  "I followed your scent, how else?"

He suddenly smirked mischeviously at Gray.  "You were so dumb and goin' in circles so much I could smell how many times you've wandered around!"

"Shaddup, Fire Hazard!"  Gray exclaimed, clenching his fist in Natsu's face.  "If you think you're so good at maneuvering around in this freakish-forest, be my guest and lead the way!"

Natsu smirked.  "On it.  Just follow me, Popiscle!"

_________________________________________________________________________________

"This is as far as we've gone, Wendy."  Happy exclaimed, and they all stopped at an intersecting path.

"So we really have to decide now?"  Wendy asked, looking at both Natsu and Gray.