Chapter 7: Mysterious Riddle

Hello, minna! :D  Here is a much longer chapter for you all!~ ♥ It's to make up for the last two chapters, which were really short! ^.^;  I had a lot of fun writing this; especially when making the riddle! c:  I dedicate this chapter to starryflames, who is my very best friend along with an insanely amazing writer!  She deserves major happiness, especially because her writing is great! ♥ So go fan her, haha~  I hope you all enjoy, and feedback is always apreciated!  See you next time, ne! 

яу-¢нαи, тнє иαℓυ ωяιтєя ☆

========================================================================

"There they are!"  Happy exclaimed, the morning sunlight streaking across his face.

Natsu appeared from the shadows, carrying Lucy in his arms.  He was looking at her, seeming to be lost in space.  But when he heard Happy, Natsu looked up and grinned, glad he was back out of the forest once and for all.

Everyone ran to him.

"How's Lucy?"  Erza asked.

"Is she okay?"  Wendy asked, her face worried.

Natsu nodded.  "Ah.  She's just been sleepin' since I got her."

"What happened to her?"  Gray asked, his hands in his pockets as he stood a few feet away.

Natsu's face became strained.  "Lucy was attacked by a whole hoard of those stupid vines...and she was being guarded by a giant cat!"

"A..giant cat?"  Gray asked, sweat-dropping.

"A giant tiger, is what I think he means..."  Erza murmured, blinking puzzledly; she was staring at the ground.  "Anyway,"  She continued, turning back to them all.  "I'm glad Lucy's alright."

Erza turned again, this time facing forward.  "All we have to do is head up that ridge over there."

She pointed ahead, where about half a mile away was the top of a hill, which was blocking off the view of anything else along with the trees.  The morning sun was peaking over the corner of that hill, showing the sky was a firey-red along with bright orange and yellow.

"Aye!"  Happy exclaimed, flying beside Carla.

Erza turned to Natsu.  "Natsu, do you think you can carry Lucy the rest of the way?"

"No.."

Everyone stopped in surprise, looking at Lucy.  Opening her eyes, Lucy started to climb out of Natsu's hold.  Natsu watched her with wide eyes, his hands hovering just in case she fell again.

Lucy's hand resided on Natsu's shoulder as she brought her head up, showing that her face was strained and sad.  

"I...can walk on my own."  She replied, taking a few steps forward as she didn't look at her friends.

Everyone watched as she made her way to the front, their expressions worried and slightly suspicious.  Lucy continued to walk, but then stopped, turning to look at them.

She put on a smile, though it looked clouded.  "Let's go!  We're almost there; I can feel the next clue about to show!"

Natsu - after hesitating in worry - nodded, grinning as he ran to the front with Lucy.  The others followed, the exceeds flying over their heads.  Walking on the path, Lucy was looking at the ground most of the time and not speaking, though her face was open again.  Natsu glanced at her, is smile gone for an instant as he stared at her.  As they continued, soon enough they made it to the top of the hill, and they all gaped in awe at the view.