Chapter 13: From Sea To Land! Continuing On!

Hello, minna!  Here is the next chapter, I hope you all enjoy~!  I hope this is long enough to ease your interest. c:  I want to write a chapter that is at least five pages long; that will probably be an upcoming fight, lol.  ♥ Anyways, I dedicate this chapter to NightFallVP!  So, I hope you all enjoy this chapter! ^.^  As usual, feedback is greatly appreciated~♡ I hope you like, and until next time everyone! c:

яу-¢нαи, тнє иαℓυ ωяιтєя ☆

==================================================

Lucy opened her eyes the next morning, realizing she had slept all day and all night.  But Lucy didn't complain; she felt so much better that she pulled herself out of bed, stretching her aching limbs.  Now that Lucy had slept on it, she did remember the intense heat and pain throbbing through her head as she layed on the deck with everyone around her.  But, she had come to the conclusion that since the sickness had hit her so abruptly and so heavily, Lucy had gone unconscious despite the few steps she took away from Natsu and Happy.

Enjoying the silence, Lucy sighed contentedly.

"I see you're awake!"

Lucy turned abruptly, seeing Healer Caren there.

"Caren!"  She exclaimed in delighted surprise.

Caren smiled, walking over to her.  "Let me make sure it's alright for you to leave now, alright?  Sit down, I'll take your temperature."

"Okay."

Doing as she was told, Lucy sat on the edge of her bed, feeling great.  When Caren checked her fever, she happily said it was comletely gone.  Lucy could go now, but on one occasion.

"You have to take it easy for a few days,"  Caren replied, re-packing her things.  "You're still weak, and you don't want the fever coming back."

"Right!  Thanks, Caren."  Lucy replied, waving as she left the hospital room.

Lucy didn't see anyone on the deck; but she realized that it was still early in the morning, so everyone was probably still asleep.  Taking this as her chance, Lucy went up to the room she would've stayed in if she hadn't gotten sick, and took a shower to get rid of the sick feeling still left on her skin.  Changing into her heart-designed top and the blue jacket that went over it, she also put on her blue skirt, her brown belt that held her keys, and the blue tights and shoes she regularly wore.

Brushing her hair and putting them back up in her usual pig tails, Lucy sighed in relief as she fell onto the comfy bed in her room.  She felt so much better; so much more refreshed.

The only thing good about being sick is how good you feel after.  Lucy thought, closing her eyes as she enjoyed the peacefulness she felt.

"Yosh!"  She suddenly exclaimed, sitting up and pumping her fist downwards in a determined geusture.  "I'm ready to keep going!"

We have to continue on after we get off this boat, which should be sometime in the afternoon.  Lucy thought, running the steps through her head.  Hopefully, we'll gather food and supplies in the town the captain will drop us off at.  Then, I'm sure we'll continue on through the day and rest in the forest.

Lucy lifted her face from looking at her hands from when she was thinking, her face determined.  I gotta work hard!

"Oi, Lucy?  Ya' in there?"

Lucy looked at the door in surprise, but then got up to open the door in delight.

"Natsu, Happy!"  Lucy exclaimed, smiling.