Night story

Finally it was time to sleep. I tried to settle myself over the mattress that I would have to sleep on for the next three days.

I kept my phone beside me and set the alarm on it. I had to get up soon tomorrow if I didn't want to miss the bus.

While I was busy he asked me, "How sweet lives you Indians live. I'm jealous."
I looked at him. Is he jealous of us?
"Life is not easy, anywhere. Plus honestly, I think your life is the easiest. You have everything- popularity, money, girls-"
"No it's not easy!" He yelled. He looked around to make sure that no one had heard him yell. Then he whispered,"No it is not easy, Priya. It's not."
Again there was silence. I shook my head and whispered back, "Good night Luke."
He said nothing.

In between the night I popped my eyes open only to see Luke staring back at me. I sat upright.

"Can't sleep?" I asked.
He shook his head. I smiled at him.
"How is it like to be so famous?" I asked him.
"Not good." He shrugged.
"You're kidding me right?" I asked.
"No I swear. Seriously you get so much of unwanted attention that at some point of time you start getting irritated." He said.
"Oh." I said.
After a few moments, he said, "You are different though."
I turned to look at him. I did not understand what he meant.
"You are not like other girls. You don't scream and yell when you see me and don't run after me. You are more normal, I guess."
I laughed. "No, I'm just not the fan girl sort of a girl."
He laughed too.
"Okay. So tomorrow we go to Dilli Haat for some shopping, okay?"
"Dilli Haat? What's that?" He asked.
"A shopping place, not very fancy like a mall but traditional. You can buy Indian souvenirs and cool ethnic stuff from there."
He nodded. "I would love to go there."
"I will take my friends with me too."
"Yeah that's okay by me." He smiled.

Okay so plan done. I'm going shopping with Luke. Oh my God. This is like a dream come true.

After that I closed my eyes and soon dozed off to my dream world. Which belonged to Luke anyway.