Weird day at school

So here I was- all the way to my school again. The Luke world whizzed away as Chanchal ma'am, our history teacher called up my name.

Now she has an awesome story behind her too. She is this chimpanzee faced woman ( I know humans and chimpanzees have common ancestors- but looking at her, you'll know that it is in fact true, that's how she is) who has extreme mood shifts. Like one moment she smiles and the next she will throw you out of this school. She used to teach Russian but then Russian was shut down in our school, since everyone opted for French.

She has been sent nine times to Moscow by the Indian govt and was the first Indian Russian language teacher- so she boasts. In reality, she is just this old teacher, who wears big frames and looks scary.

So when I shook my head, she removed her gold rimmed spectacles and glared at me.
"What are you staring at?" She asked.
"Excuse me?" I said. "You're staring at me."
Bullshit.
"You talk to a teacher like that? Do you reply back to your teacher like that? Where have the good old Indian etiquettes gone?"
Heeba and Kashish had not opted for History and thus were not here to support me.

Soon my parents had been called up to come over to school by her, and now I expected my dad to be here any moment.

Heeba and Kashish came to my rescue. They apologised on my behalf but she did not accept it. Bitch.

My dad came. But everyone was staring at the guy behind him. Tall, handsome, and young- Luke. I saw Heeba and Kashish's mouths fall open. I waited for a few moments for the class to cool down, but the murmurs just increased and Heeba and Kashish didn't return to normal. They weren't able to recover from the shock.

I had forgot to tell them about Luke.

"Luuuuuukkkkkkeeeeee!" The girls yelled

Chanchal ma'am to my surprise smiled at him very widely. She showed him her chimpanzee teeth, which were yellow and greasy, and filled my soul with disgust.

She said a bunch of words. Of course, Russian. Luke looked at her confused and then at me for help.

"Russian," I whispered.
He looked at her. "I'm Australian."
"Aaaahhhhhhh!!!" The girls yelled.

Heeba and Kashish hadn't closed their mouths yet. They were in eternal shock. They were glaring at Luke for the past five minutes. I felt so awkward.

Luke looked at them.

"Are these your friends?"He asked.
I nodded. He smiled at them.
I bent towards them, and whispered, "Say something, you look like idiots."

Kashish was the first one to respond.
"I'm Kashish Nigam. Nice to meet you, Luke Hemmings. OMG am I really saying this?" She said and pinched herself and shrieked in pain. Then laughed. That was sarcastic of course.

"Your sense of humour is good." Luke said.

"I'm Heeba Afaf. Honestly I prefer the vamps." Heeba said.

Luke laughed. "I meet a girl finally who's not glad to see me!"

Heeba smiled. She never liked Luke Hemmings. She never liked boy bands. But wait.

"You like the vamps?" I asked. "Since when?"
"I said I preferred the vamps." She spat.
"Be sweeter." Kashish said.
Heeba threw Luke her sweetest smile. Luke smiled back.
"No hate." He said.
"No hate." She replied.

Luke threw a glance at the crowd of girls collecting.
"Shit. Gotta go. You should do your project btw. What was it about?"
"Seriously?" I asked. "Indian nationalism. Gandhi and the salt March."
"Interesting." He winked. Then ran away from there.
"Very funny." I muttered.

Today I received a lot of attention after that incident.

People asked me if I was keeping a party at home this weekend. They just wanted any excuse to come over to my place. Seriously? Heeba and Kashish were the only ones who were acting slightly more normal than the rest. They worked as my bodyguards and protected me all the day from weird people.

As school ended, I wanted to reach home as soon as possible. Which I eventually did.