Parting day

I woke up to see the clock. It was 10 in the morning. And there were no worries of school, since it was a Saturday.

Luke smiled at me. He looked fresh and well dressed... Wait. Was he going somewhere? I got up instantly.

He seemed to have read my face. "I'm leaving today."
I looked at him. My heart thumped louder in my chest. I wasn't going to see him again. Ever. Except on television.

"Can I take a photograph and a last selfie with you?" I asked.
He laughed. "Yeah of course. I expected something else though."
I didn't reply. I knew what he meant. He wanted to complete what we left hanging yesterday.

I took some selfies on my phone and he did too.

"Would you like to hear a song?" He asked.
I agreed. Soon we were sitting on the couch and he was playing She Looks So Perfect on my guitar.
"...She looks so perfect standing there, wearing her..."
This was the last time I would hear him singing so close to me. I made a little video on my phone.

"You can show off as much as you want." He said laughing.
"No I won't. Except my friends of course."
"I have a selfie on my phone with your friends as well. But not many with you." He said.
"Let's click one then." I suggested.
We took a few selfies on his phone. He would certainly be taking a lot of memories with him.

"You should come here again." I said.
He turned to look at me. His intense looks made me look away.
"I will. Someday. I promise." He said sternly.
He kept the guitar beside the couch.

My dad called him. "Taxi is here!"
"Coming!" Luke called.
As he got up, I held his hand. He turned back.
"Tomorrow's Christmas." I said. "Merry Christmas in advance."
He burst out laughing. "You held my hand so romantically to say that? How lame."
"Shut up." I snapped.
He went away. I walked towards the verandah and waved him goodbye till I couldn't see his taxi anymore.

And when I entered the room, all I did was stare at the guitar left hastily beside my couch.