Chapter 3: Thunder Storm of Rain

The last time I heard from Ash was last year when she told me she was getting shipped away. I was so sad back then but now I'm used to her not being here. Life is pretty boring without Ash. The days of laughter at school now turned into zoned out head aches. My grades are starting to fall and so is my socialization. I become isolated from my friends, my mother, my father, everyone. Everyday I would lock myself in a room. 

I hear the door open as I'm snuggled in my blanket eating chips and watching Netflix. My mom snatches the chips, turns off the television, and stands in front of me. "Hey! I was watching that," I say as I try to take the remote. She looks at me with disappointment and sits next to me on the bed. "It's been a year Rain, this is ridiculous," she says. I saw she was about to speak.

"Don't. I already know what you're going to say," I say.

"Then stop acting like this! Listen I know Ash leaving you made a scar on your life but you have to get ov-," she was cut off by me standing up in rage. Rain is back but this time there's lightning.

"WHAT? GET OVER WHAT? MY BEST FRIEND LEAVING? LEAVING ME IN THIS BORING ASS TOWN WITH TWO WANT TO BE PERFECT ACTING SHIT PARENTS?"

"YOU WATCH YOUR MOUTH YOUNG LADY"

"NO! I'M NOW 16! IT'S BEEN A YEAR, A YEAR. YOU'VE SEEN ME ACTING LIKE THIS FOR A FREAKING YEAR NOW! NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN, OUT OF THE BLUE, OUT OF NO WHERE, YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT? I'M FINE NOW, THANKS. I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP ANYMORE, I CAN HANDLE MYSELF. I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM HER SINCE THAT DAY. NO TEXTS, NO CALLS, NOTHING. HAHA AND YOU TELL ME TO GET OVER IT?"

"RAIN CALM DOWN"

"NO, IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT"

"How is it my fault? I've done nothing to you but try to be there"

"BE THERE? EXACTLY YOU'VE DONE NOTHING. YOU WERE ONLY THERE FOR ONE  FREAKING DAY, ONE DAY."

"Okay well I know how teens don't like to be bothered and stop yelling."

"It's all your fault anyways. Your fault because, because, because you built a church. You made this into a Christian community. Ash and her family were Catholic, less strict!"

"What does religion  have to  do with this?"

"THEY MOVED HER BECAUSE SHE'S BISEXUAL"

Silence, nothing but the sound of the clock ticking on my wall. "Tick, tock, tick, tock", time is slowly going by. Every minute I waste here in this house. Every second I'm wasting my life over Ash.

 All of a sudden "boom", my face is now warm. She got up then moved her way towards the door but held it open before stepping out. "Don't ever talk to me like that again. Don't ever bring religion into this, no one told her to sin. No one told her to like girls," she says, steps out, then closes the door behind her. I hear her going down the steps slowly. I swing the door open and go to the first step and say loudly but calmly,

"I like girls too."