Chapter 6: Camp Equality

A/N: Picture is Cera

"Cera, do you mind telling me all I need to know about this place," I ask while sitting on my bed.

"Not at all. Alright, this is a private camp for LGBT. There's three sides, one for boys which is on another island, one for girls, and another island  for people who do not want to be boys nor girls. The island we are on are for girls obviously. All this island there are LBGPAC. Lesbian, bisexual, genderfluid, asexual, pansexual, and confused females. Camp Equality is so private that no one outside the camp has ever heard of it. I suspect that you never heard of this camp?"

"No, not at all," I say.

"Great. This camp has existed for many centuries. There are four things we teach here per year, each one is a quarter. Education, training, love, and summer.  Yes even summer and love can be taught. Education is taught when summer is over. It is just like real school. We get taught the same things as normal schools except history. The history of the outside world is too cruel and disgraceful to be taught. So we learn the history of this camp. Training, they teach us how to fight. Hand to hand combat , sword to sword, and gun to gun. You have to sign up for training though, it is not a requirement to do but it helps in life. It is taught by Carmen."

"The Carmen," I ask.

"Yes, It is very rare to get in though. You have to be the top in the class. Smart, skilled, and most of all brave. Summer is now, yet we call it summer camp. It is just like regular summer except since this is a camp after all we have camp competition. There are three competitions hosted every Saturday. First is race by foot all around the island, second is hand and melee weapon fight, and third is love. You'll find out more information about this on a Friday of the week of the first competition. 

"When is that, " I ask.

"They will announce it Thursday and tell you information Friday. After summer it's back to education. Anyways, lastly love. It's a simulation in a dome where you're placed inside with someone you might have emotions for. They take your class to the love is love dome and hold a beeper over your heart then their heart. If it beeps that is someone you might be attracted to so you go inside and try to pass by showing love to each other and completing the environment simulation test. It can also be used freely, in summer it is just where people make out."

"Environment? What do you mean," I ask.

"Camp Equality has technology you would never believe existed. If you go to the love is love section of the island you will see by what I mean by environment. You may not tell anyone about this camp. If you choose to stay this sexuality and graduate then you're off the island and onto life. If you choose to change your sexuality to straight then your memory of this island will be wiped clear with our high tech technology. If you tell anyone about this camp the chip inside you will explode and you will die instantaneously."

"Chip?"

"Move your shirt and feel your upper shoulder. You can feel it inside and you can see everyone's once they put the spray into your eyes when education starts again."

"WHAT WHEN DID THEY PUT THAT HERE"

"It comes automatically when you are chosen. Only rare LGBT people are chose to go to these islands and this camp, so we are lucky. Your foal is to pass the camp and find love. Even if you are bisexual or confused you must date a girl at least once here by graduation or you will be kicked out with your memory wiped. You are allowed to visit your family once a year until you graduate. That one time a year will be on Rainbow Break which is in May! That is all you need to know for now."