Chapter 2

After Shane left my room, I wiped my eyes and stared at the ceiling.

 This needs to stop..

I got up and locked my door before sitting down at my MacBook. Over the past couple of months I've been dying to escape this hell hole, so I did the only think I could of.

 Find my father...

I've searched his name for what seems like a million times, but I had hope tonight would be the night. After my laptop turned on I went to Google and typed in: Justin Haynes.

I got the usual of criminals, facebooks and twitters. Until I got to an article that I've never seen before.

 CEO Justin Haynes of Haynes National Goes Global!

I clicked the link and froze. Beside the article was a picture of a man that was apparently Justin Haynes, dressed in a very expensive suit. But the thing that made me freeze was his eyes. The pools of green that mirrored mine.

Holy hell...

After I was able to turn away from the image, I read that he lived in San Antonio, California with his wife and two children.

 So he really did forget all about us..

I tried to ignore the stabbing feeling in my chest and continued to search until I found the address. I printed it out and as I held the paper in my hands, my doubts started to flood my mind.

 What if it's not him? What if he doesn't want me? What if...he never wanted me..?

I shook the thoughts out of my mind and decided that this was my only chance. I found my huge suitcase in the bottom of my closet and packed all the clothes I could. Then, I snuck into the bathroom and got my toothbrush and other things.

After I got another bag for my electronics and counted the money I had with me and on my debit card, I thought about my mom and Chris. They'll be devastated when they find out I'm gone. So before I put my things in my car, I wrote them a letter.

Dear Mom and Chris, 

I know you're probably hurt and confused as to why I left, but that's something I can't explain. I don't want you to worry about me, okay? Just know I'm somewhere safe and it's where I want to be. I'm sorry and hopefully someday you'll understand..

Love Always, 

Lydia

I set the letter where my laptop used to be, where I knew they'd find it and got in my car. I looked up at the house where I've spent most of my adolescence and had mixed emotions. Then I thought about Shane and my hands started to shake.

 I can't stay here, not while he's still in the picture.

With that thought, I started my Dodge Charger and headed on the road.

 Here we go...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HAIIII!!!!! Sorry it took so long for me to update, I got a bit sidetracked with life. I'll try to update more often, but I'm SUPER BUSY! But hey, I'll do it for you :). Thank you for reading!!

P.S. - I'll edit this and the 1st chapter later, I'm going to a graduation party!