Chapter 6

"You can't tell anyone about my job. Everyone thinks my dad's a big shot there and if they found out he wasn't and I have to work to make ends meet...I'd be ruined." Colton says.

I leaned against the wall under a dusty window, trying to not have a panic attack. He just wanted me to not tell people where he worked? Why didn't he just say that? When he dragged me in here I thought....well I thought the worst. There have been so many times when I've been pushed against a wall...on a bed...

I shiver and Colton notices. "Are you okay?" He asks, taking a step closer.

I put out a hand to make him stop moving. "I-I'm fine. Okay your secret's save with me. Can I go now?"

A look flashes on his face that I couldn't recognize before he backed away from me. "Just like that? You aren't going to blackmail me or something?"

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "Why would I do that? It's not my secret to tell."

He gives me a blank stare before he gives me a genuine smile. "Thank you."

"Why didn't you tell me you were Haynes' daughter?"

I look up at him in annoyance. "You never asked. Why are you lying to everyone?"

His jaw clenched. "That doesn't concern you."

I shrugged. "Fine." I made my way around Colton and into the hall.

People were milling around so I guess lunch was over. Colton followed behind me and it seemed like time had stopped. Everyone stopped what they were doing and were looking at us.

My palms started to get sweaty and I stared at my vans. Colton didn't say a word next to me and we went our separate ways. That's when the gossip began..again.

"Omg she totally did it with him during lunch it's obvious." I heard a girl say to her friends.

They noticed me and ran off laughing. I leaned my head against my locker, already drained and it wasn't even 1 o' clock.

How could people already think I sleep around? All we did was talk!

I got my things for my next few classes and it only got worse.

Boys started looking at me like I was some new toy they could play with, girls gave me dirty looks and whispered about me, and when I thought it couldn't get any worse, Kennedy Hamilton happens.

I was making my way to chemistry and a few girls stopped me. They looked like you're typical bitches that come in threes and the lead bitch, Kennedy, was practically trying to kill me with her glare. She was about as tall as me, glistening brunette waves, her face seeming almost too perfect.

"Slut." One of her minions said laughing.

I should've just kept my head down and my mouth shut but I had had enough.

"Who the fuck are you calling a slut? You don't even know what happened. Don't believe everything you hear, Barbie." I spit back.

They all looked surprised that I had actually fought back but their surprised looks turned into sly grins.

"You think you're tough? Well this is my school, I run things here, and Colton is mine so lay off, Tramp." Kennedy said with so much malice my heart quickened.

"I don't want Colton. Nothing happened between us and nothing will now excuse me I have a class to get to." I said walking around them.

Minion #2 put out her foot and I tripped, hitting the ground, my supplies sprawled out on the floor.

They all laughed high-pitched nasally giggles before walking away.

"Stay away from Colton you dumb little whore!"

I just sat there in the empty hall and let everything get to me. My eyes started to fill with tears and I wondered how my day went from pretty good to hell so quickly.

Then my sadness turned to rage. The rumors all lead back to him and I refused to be humiliated this way on my fucking first day. I wiped my eyes, got up and grabbed my things and made my way to class seeing nothing but red.

I looked around my chemistry class and met eyes with Xavier, a worried look on his face, as the whole class stared at me. I was about to make my way to the seat next to Xavier when a mop of dirty blonde hair in the back of the room, looking down at a notebook caught my eye.

My blood began to boil again. And I couldn't stop myself. I marched up to his desk before anyone could stop me and slammed my books down on his desk.

He did a double take probably because I looked so livid.

"YOU LITTLE SHIT! EVERYONE THINKS I'M SOME SLUT THAT LET YOU--YES YOU OF ALL PEOPLE SLEEP WITH ME! I'VE BEEN CALLED SO MANY THINGS TODAY, THE LOOKS, THE STARES, THE WHISPERS, IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!"

"Lydia--"

"NO DON'T LYDIA ME COLTON I WILL NOT BE KNOWN AS THE SCHOOL SLUT ON MY FIRST DAY BECAUSE OF YOU!"

I saw Xavier walking over to me, probably to get me under control, as my blood rushed to my head. I never yell or really get worked up since I'm so timid and afraid, but right then I had all the bravery in the world. The adrenaline in my system made me light-headed and I did what no one expected me to do.

My body started to sway and before I knew it I was falling to the ground, darkness taking my consciousness.

My name being shouted by multiple voices is the only thing I remember..

+++++++++++++++++++

HEYOOOO!!! Alright so those are my updates for now. As I said I won't be updating until the week after next!! Please tell me what you thought because I honestly think these chapters suck ass but it's the best I could think of. :/ Thanks for sticking through my crappy writing you're amazing :D

Stay flawless, Kaia❤

P.S. - If you wanted to see what the characters look like to me, their pictures are on the side!