Chapter 8

Colton's POV

As soon as Lydia was out the door, I stormed down the hallway in search of Kennedy. My hands clenched at my sides just thinking about talking to that perfect monster. It sickens me that I even dated her, but stereotypically we're supposed to be together. She's the most popular girl in school and the richest, but she's a crazy bitch. I've seen her first handedly destroy people and underneath that gorgeous face is a merciless demon.

Lydia's a nice girl and she doesn't deserve to be tortured because of me, especially if she's keeping my secret. I turned the corner and saw her shiny brunette curls, not a hair out of place, putting books into her locker.

"Kennedy." I said, leaning beside her.

She turned and smirked up at me. "Colton. Want me back so soon?"

I resisted the urge to laugh in her face. "You and I both know that's never going to happen."

Her smirk faltered as she turned back to her locker. "Then why are you bothering me?"

"Leave Lydia alone."

She laughed lightly. "What that whore you fucked earlier today? It's not my fault if she wants to be a tramp."

I narrowed my eyes and glared at her. "She's not a tramp, we weren't doing anything."

Kennedy raised her flawlessly arched eyebrow. "You weren't? Why were you in an empty room together then?"

I leaned closer to her as two girls passed, trying to hear our conversation. "That doesn't concern you now does it?"

She let out a high-pitched giggle for show. "Fine don't tell me."

I pulled back and looked her in the eye. "I need you to leave her alone, do you understand?"

"Why should I do what you want?"

Her question didn't surprise me, but I hadn't thought of anything beforehand. Kennedy might be a bitch, but she's smart and she always gets what she wants. She looked me over, a cocky grin on her face.

"Well?" She urged.

I tried to think of something she would really want before an idea formed in my head. "Prom."

Her look of surprise crossed her face. "What?"

"I know you're still into me so how about I take you to prom."

"You would be my prom date just so I'd leave that slut alone?"

I grimaced at her insult at Lydia, but nodded once more.

She flashed me a gleaming, white smile, closing her locker. "Okay deal."

"Deal." I replied.

Kennedy gave me one last look before going to class. Walking back to chemistry, or what was left of it, and hoped I didn't just make a deal with the devil..

****

After school ended, we had lacrosse practice. Apparently word spreaded fast about Lydia and Xavier and I had to set the record straight. During drills, Coach put Xavier and I together.

"Was she okay when you left?" I questioned him.

He looked up, passing the ball to me. "Yeah she seemed fine. She said she was going to take a nap or something."

"Oh okay."

"What was that whole thing about earlier?"

"What?" I asked, passing the ball back.

"In the nurse's office."

I didn't know what to say. "Um-we were just talking."

"You seemed pissed."

I shrugged. "I wasn't. It's fine."

"Okay man."

Practice went on for about two more hours and we all head into the locker rooms.

"Hey Calum, you still throwing that party on Friday?" I asked as we changed.

"Planning on it. You coming?" He replied.

I put on a t-shirt and nodded my head. "Might be. It all depends."

"Cool."

I walked out and got in the red Lamborghini that my dad's friend gave me last year and drove home to my stressed and slowly-breaking apart household.

+++++++++++++++

HOLA MY WONDERFUL READERS! I'm hopefully getting chapter 9 up by next week. Hopefully I can. Also, I wanted to give a little thank you to my best friend, Sadie and a very kind reader, @AmberSchwartz for saying nice things about the last chapter. I wasn't very happy with it, but they made me feel better about my writing so thank you!☺

Please vote, comment, and share! Don't forget if you want any updates or anything my twitter is @singinwonder96.

And as always, stay flawless!

-Kaia❤