Chapter 10

The week passed fairly quickly, Friday coming way too fast. It seemed like everyone forgot about Colton and I, considering no one gave me dirty looks and no more rumors were spread. Xavier and Sadie didn't even bring it up either and neither did Colton. Even Kennedy and her backup barbies put me off their radar. As I sat down in Spanish, Calum turns to me. "You're coming right?" he questions.

I turn toward him, eyebrows furrowing. "Coming to what?"

He rolls his eyes before speaking, "My party tonight."

Automatically I shake my head, "I'm not really a party-goer." Before I left my shithole of a home, I never really went out to parties with my friends. I felt like they were stupid and just an excuse for a bunch of idiots to get wasted, I had better things to do. Like try to figure out how to run away from a rapist.

"Why?" Calum pouted and I shrug in response.

"Would you please come? Please? Xavier, Sadie, and Colton are already coming so it's not like you won't know anyone. It'll be fun," he continued trying so persuade me.

Our teacher walked in and the class started to get quiet. "I'll think about it." I whisper. Calum smiles and nods before turning towards the front of the classroom.

Every class seemed to end faster than usual and soon enough I was in art, sitting next to Sadie.

"Hey," she said, smiling.

"Hi," I replied.

Mrs. Clifford had us begin to draw a bowl of fruit in the center of the room. As I got out my paper and pencil, Sadie leaned closer to me.

"Are you going to Calum's party?" She questioned.

I sigh deeply. "I wasn't planning on it."

"Oh come on! It wouldn't be much fun without you. I could come over and help you get ready if that's what you're worried about."

I glance over at her and see she has this "I'm not taking no for an answer" look in her brown eyes, making me cave.

"Fine," I grumble. "But if you make me look like a preppy doll, you're dead."

She giggles at my threat and nods, "Don't worry I won't."

School ends and I met Xavier by his car, going home. A little while later, Sadie arrives with bags of makeup, clothes, and whatever the hell else, wasting no time on getting me ready.

When I'm completely dressed and Sadie is finally done attacking my face and hair, I'm shocked by my appearance. A pink Aztec denim bustier, black chiffon high-low skirt, and a pair of black lace heels Sadie let me borrow cover my body and match perfectly with the smokey eyeshadow and red lipstick on my face. My hair is in fiery curls down my back, making me look even better.

"Wow.." I whispered, taking my appearance in.

"Yeah I know, I'm amazing." Sadie says laughing.

I laugh with her and wait until she's finished getting ready, before we both grab our purses and head downstairs. Xavier is sat on the couch watching football, already dressed in a pair of dark jeans and t-shirt.

"We're ready," Sadie says and he turns around to look at us. His eyes automatically graze over her short black dress and bites his lip. I suddenly feel like I'm intruding when he stands and wraps his arms around her waist, whispering in her ear.

She giggles and pushes him away before they both look at me.

"You clean up nice," Xavier says, chuckling.

"Shut up. Can we go?" I say, looking at my hands.

I hear them both laugh at my expense, making their way to Xavier's car. I follow behind and get in the back as he starts the car and backs out of the driveway.