Chapter 6 | Didn't They Tell You?

At school the girls ambushed me and bombarded me with questions.

"Tell us everything!!!" they shrieked.

I didn't really know who they were talking to because they weren't looking at me but I was surprised. Merida usually doesn't care about anything I do.

"Later," I told them, stalling for time.

So after school they dragged me to Hiccup's house so that I could basically tell them everything. Punzie went with Merida, Flynn and Kristoff went with me, and Hiccup and Hans took their own cars.

On the way to Hicc's house I got a text from Tooth:

Hey can you come over?
-T

Flynn saw who had just texted me and raised an eyebrow. I avoided the look he was giving me and texted back my reply.

I'm heading to a friend's
house right now but I
can come over later.
-J

Five seconds later she texted back:

Come over whenever.
I'll wait here.
-T

"Who are you texting?" Flynn asked, looking over my shoulder.

I quickly turned off my phone. "Nobody."

"Oh really?" asked Kristoff.

Is that the only thing he ever says to me? I thought.

"Well... nobody important," I told him, not exactly ready to tell them that I'd been texting a girl. That would've been too awkward.

"It's a girl," Flynn told Kristoff from the back, wiggling his eyebrows.

Thanks a lot Flynn.

"You're not supposed to be texting while driving," said Kristoff.

I could practically hear him frowning. Kristoff thought that girls were a waste of time. The only reason why he put up with Punzie and Merida was because they were part of the group.

"I turned my phone off when the light turned green," I replied, slightly irritated but amused. "Guys stop talking. I'm trying to concentrate on the road."

It was a lie of course. I was probably the best driver in our group. I just needed an excuse to stop Kristoff and Flynn from asking me any more questions anyway.

We didn't talk until we were in front of Hicc's house five minutes later. As soon as I got out of the car, I was dragged into the living room to confess what had happened that night. Everyone was already sitting in a seat so I had to stand, which didn't bother me since I had to leave soon. I talked about other stuff to stall for time, but when Flynn showed the girls the video he'd filmed (which really contained everything) they demanded that I come clean.

"I..." I said, trying to find something else to change the subject.

But I'd run out of things to talk about.

I hesitated. "I'm not sure if I'm ready for this right now," I said slowly.

"But you have to tell us!" Punzie blurted, immediately covering her mouth with her hand and looked at Merida who was glaring at Hiccup.

I looked at the both of them, confused.

"Why do you say that?" I asked.

"Didn't they tell you?"

My blood froze.

It wasn't Punzie who'd said that and I recognized that voice.

I slowly turned around and saw Elsa standing in the doorway with two guys. They looked about our age. One had light brown hair and green eyes, the other had jet black hair and blue eyes. They both wore dog tags on a chain around their necks and had the same mischievous grin that Elsa wore.