Chapter 6

I woke up to a conversation being held right outside of the door. I wrap a blanket around me, heading to the door.

"What trouble is this Alpha going to get us into?" I heard what sounded like Nate.

"I'm not sure what per say but I know it won't be anything good," I can only assume Lacey said. To confirm my guesses on who is outside the door I open it to see I was correct. They immediately stop the conversation to stare at me. Lacey gives me suggestive eyes. Nate just kind of stares at me.

"Morning," I grumble, not wanting to deal with either of them this early. Letting the blanket fall to the ground. I'm pulling up Nate's pants that barely fit me. I lean on the door frame, closing my eyes. Prepared to just listen to them like they would continue the conversation.

"Tired?" Lacey giggles. I slowly open my eyes as I nod my response. Knowing exactly what she's implying but ignoring it anyways

"What are you doing up this early?" Nate peers at me looking almost amused.

"Heard you two talking," I sigh trying to wake myself up some. Both seem to become tense.

"I...see," Nate says looking over at Lacey.

"I need clothes of my own, I'm going to head to my house for that," I say changing the subject, helping to cut some of the tension.

"Are you going now?" Lacey says to me but looking at Nate. I instinctively let out a low growl, my wolf was suddenly on very high alert. Both Nate and Lacey stare at me quite surprised, honestly so was I. A mixture of anger and embarrassment washed over me. I knew my face was turning red. I moved into the room as some form of protection.

"I didn't do that," I stammer trying to compose myself. I stare at the floor, eyes obviously on me. Nate and I aren't anything serious and Lacey wouldn't mess with us, I know it. I feel a hand reach for mine. I recoil quickly then here a sigh.

"We can talk a little later Lace," Nate says as I see the door start to close. The heat in my stomach rises again.

"No, it's fine, I said I was going to get clothes." I am still having trouble speaking like a normal person. I was too late the door was already closed. My chin was lifted to find Nate looking oddly pleased.

"You are my mate," he whispered to me. I felt my face turn an even darker shade than it already was. I couldn't let this happen he can't affect me like this. I move my gaze away. The burning heat growing stronger.

"No...I'm not," my attempt was poor, it was obvious. Nate brought me closer to him. Everything was suddenly put on high alert.

"Yes you are, I don't know many other reasons that would have just happened," he says sounding all to happy.

"I'm not your mate and if I was I wouldn't want you," I was firmer in my statement this time. Pushing him away with words as my last attempt. I won't do this, I won't let myself fall for him. He definitely was getting upset with the remark.

"Let me have this moment, why can't you just accept me?" He huffs sounding angrier than I anticipated. My wolf is mad at me but I couldn't help it.

"Because I don't want or need a mate I never had and never will." Finally pulling myself away from him. My body regretting the choice

"You know I always imagined how amazing my mate would be and you just aren't it, you were supposed to give me three days. You haven't even given me an hour before you've shut me down again," he was not wrong I was really fighting everything he gave me. I promised to give this a chance too. I gave a sigh, bringing myself closer again gently leaning my head on his chest. His words lingering in my mind.