Chapter 7

The door opened softly I barely even heard it. I had woken up about 45 minutes ago. But still stayed in the same spot, I messed it all up. I glance over to just find it being Tomas.

"Amber?" He says in a hushed tone. I lay there not saying anything. I wanted to see Nate and apologize, but how could I face him?

"Amber this pity party can't go on forever," Tomas says making his way to me. I feel tears welling up in my eyes again.

"I am stupid, I fucked it all up. I fucked it all up over staying in a stupid room," I am failing to hold back tears. Tomas sits next to me stroking my hair.

"You were being stupid, but I'm sure you can work and fix it with Nate," his words were encouraging.

"How does anyone fix this?" I say finally sitting up. I look over at Tomas desperate for an answer.

"I don't know, I haven't met my mate yet." He sighs standing up reaching an arm out to me. I take it pulling myself up.

"Well then where is he?" I say feeling determined to try and fix this.

"He's in another meeting with the Alpha," he says walking out of the room with me.

"You know when it will end?" I say heading to the direction of his office.

"No idea at all," Tomas says a step behind me.
We walk in silence the rest of the way to his office. Then I freeze, what was I thinking? I couldn't do this. I was about to head back, but the door decided to open. I stood looking dumbfounded at Nate and the other alpha who were about to walk out. I try my best to move out of the way and make myself as small as possible. It obviously didn't do well enough because Nate ran into me head on almost causing me to fall. God I'm doing well with this apology.

"Sorry," I say meekly hoping he would just walk off.

"It's okay," he said not making eye contact with me.

"I'm not saying sorry for that I'm saying sorry for how rude I was earlier. It was wrong of me and I'm sorry," I rush through the words hoping I haven't messed up again. I look across his face and see shock written all over it, I didn't do anything crazy did I?

"I, uh, uhm, if you could excuse us both for a minute. Uhhh, Amber come into my office," He still has the look on his face. I watch Nate walk into his office. Then realizing I should probably follow I go in as well closing the door.

"I'm sorry if I made you upset with my apology I just wanted to make things bet-" I was cut off with a hug. Nate's arms wrapped around my shoulders, his face pressed against the side of mine. My body melted with the contact.

"It's all okay, I'm sorry too I should have handled myself better," his words made my heart melt now. I found myself hugging back surprised this went so well. I knew it wasn't supposed to go this well but maybe it's the whole he thinks we are mates thing. I fidget in his embrace trying to figure out what to do now.

"I won't let you mark me, I can't let you do that," I know it's what he was thinking of. I could feel him become physically upset. His smell becoming thicker in the air.

"Why not, will something bad happen if I do?" He is not pleased at all.

"Yes, actually the same horrible thing that happened to someone I loved might happen to me, also that implies more than just the mark so." I try to not come off too rude because this just the truth.

"Oh uh okay sorry," Nate's apology was sincere and genuine it was nice most mates don't actually listen like this.

"But still I don't want anyone else to mark you, please let me do this I want you safe." He's acting like a child, I'm about to make a deal with a child.