Chapter 3

I lay on my mattress still mulling over the idea of going out with Nate's pack tonight. My wolf was practically begging me too go, but I was so unsure. I haven't even remotely been with a pack in 13 years. Then Aunt Liv's word flashed through my brain.  Please never find a mate Amber they will only hurt you. Her dying words I needed to up hold those words. I moved off my mattress heading to the kitchen, I mean, Lacey was the one who invited me I would just be going to see her and maybe Tomas. Yeah, that's why I wanted to go and that's why I am going. I had no idea when they were going though, can I just show up at their pack house and ask? Well that was looking to be my only option at this point. I walked outside making sure I saw no one, I stripped and shifted running in the direction of where I was just last night. A smell hit me like a truck, Nate. A low growl came from my mouth. I saw him appear the through the brush ahead of me. I can't be near this asshole. I quickly ran in the opposite direction. I knew he would follow so I just keep going till I was beyond tired. I lied down in the small opening of the trees. I heard a sharp bark come from behind me. I turned around to see Nate caught in a trap. I heaved a sigh, shifting, then undoing the trap. Then it hit me I was naked standing in front of my mate, a deep red took over my neck and cheeks as I shifted wanting to pretend that didn't happen. Nate then shifted back rambling for a second before grabbing a pair of pants and a shirt seemingly out of no where.

"Uh, here, we keep spare clothes floating around our territory." He put the pants on throwing the shirt in my direction. I was still in shock when shifting sliding the shirt over my body.

"Thanks" I mumbled walking back toward the direction of my house.

"Hey, you can't just walk away from me, we are the far most corner of our territory. It will take at least an hour on foot."

Another sighed escaped my lips "Fine, we have minimal talking, and you just show me where the pack house is for future reference." I speak as firmly as I can. His smell invaded my lungs making my wolf go crazy.

"You are a stubborn piece of shit, I'm just trying to be friendly. Since you refuse any advance I say, no find your own way home then." He starts to limp away. I was ready to fight him and beat him up so no one would be able to recognize him. But he was already hurt and my wolf was begging and crying for me to help him. I merely puffed out my chest and pushed past him.

"Have it that way," I said moving at a quicker pace. It took me three hours to find my way home. My sense of smell is messed up. At home I decided there would be no more communication with Lacey, Thomas, anyone from that pack especially Nate, that excuse for a werewolf. I grab a mug from a cabinet putting hot water on the stove. Tea and a book was what I needed right now. Aunt Liv was right mates are horrible. Memories of her flood my thoughts. She seemed so happy rogue but why don't I feel the same anymore? Why do I feel a longing to belong with a pack? I'm just tired...I'll got to bed everything will be better in the morning.

Author's Note

Hey guys long time no see I've been so busy with school and life really. I'm back though I have another story in the works as well. I also apologize for the very short chapter. The next few will be me making it as long as I can I still love this story so much.