Prologue: KENMA KOZUME

It couldn't possibly get any worse.
The sky was grey, it was probably going to rain, Kenma was covered in dirt and blood, and his school had been taken over by zombies.
Yes.
Well, at least he still had his PSP...
He was currently hiding it out in a truck with Tetsuroo Kuroo, his best friend. He didn't need to worry about family, because everyone had been evacuated or had left, but unfortunately, Kenma and Kuroo had been trapped under some rubble that had collapsed on them during practice(Kuroo had made him stay back). Fortunately for them, they were relatively unharmed, though Kenma's nails were bleeding form trying to scratch his way out of the debris. Kuroo was in slightly worse shape, bleeding from scrapes he'd gotten from the rough debris while trying to move them.
"Do you think the whole of Japan's like that or just Miyagi prefecture?" Kenma asked quietly, while Kuroo surveyed the damage on the school and replied with a shrug. All of their other teammates had gone home but Kenma was sure that at least one other person was trapped under that pile of dirt. Zombies were milling about, and Kenma stopped counting after twenty-three. Their senses of smell were brilliant, but they had disguised their scents by rolling in some bushes and mud outside the school.
"What do we do?" Kenma whispered, his eyes wide in fear. "We need to get to the evacuation site but there're so many zombies out and about... and we don't even know where that is and there aren't any people around at all!"
"That's what you're here for, brain," Kuroo grinned, attempting to be reassuring although fear shone in his eyes and blood was trickling down his lip. "Y' got an idea to get us to where we belong?"
Kenma shut his eyes.
He'd never thought that this day would ever come. He'd lived it many times in video games, but now it was real.
"I have a plan, Kuroo," he said, eyes sharpening with the killer instinct he once had only while playing Call of Duty.
"Heh, knew you'd say that! Count me in."