CHAPTER FIVE: TETSURO KUROO

"I think they're both out cold," Kuroo commented, poking Iwaizumi's forehead. The latter muttered something in his sleep before shifting around, and Kuroo sighed. He and Kenma had brought the two Aoba Jousai students to their "secret lair" (as Kenma had called it) which was actually a gardening shed in someone's plantation. It was probably used to house the gardener or something, because the shed was rather big and had a worn couch in it.
  "They're probably exhausted from fighting all those zombies," Kenma commented. He was sitting on a chair. "Additionally, Oikawa's knee is wounded."
  "Unfortunately we don't have ice. Do you think cold water would do?" Kuroo asked, hoping the blonde setter knew a way to heal the Aoba Jousai's student's knee. Oikawa could prove to be a valuable aid at full strength.
  "I guess it could reduce the swelling. And it's easier to get, since there's a river of some sort with a broken bridge a short walk away. Although there's an even bigger problem at hand."
  "And what's that?" Kuroo felt his heart sink.
  "My PSP's almost out of battery," Kenma hissed, suddenly looking extremely agitated as he waved the device up and down.
  Kuroo facepalmed.
  "You can live without that thing for some weeks, Kenma."
  "No I can't!"
  "Get your priorities straight," Kuroo snapped, his cool facade breaking. "Surviving is all that matters now. Your life or that PSP, which one's more important!?"
  Kenma looked as though he couldn't answer, and Kuroo massaged his temples. Their champion zombie fighter was overly reliant and obsessed with video games to keep him alive. Great, just great.
  "Look, maybe one day we'll try to find a power supply, 'kay? Hang in there for a bit."
  Speaking of power supply, Kuroo's phone was almost out of juice. He had the charger in his pocket, but without the power supply it'd be impossible to charge the phone at all. He turned it on, and at the top of the screen, it read "no signal". Stuck miles and miles away from anyone who could help them. At least he wasn't alone in this.
  "So, what do you think our next move should be?" Kuroo questioned, his mind working in overdrive.
  "Find more people, keep hidden, kill more zombies, maybe find out the reason behind all this."
  "Till when? There seems to be no end to this whole thing." Kuroo leaned his head against the window, staring into space, trying to control his increasing frustration.
  "It'll end when it ends," Kenma said lowly. Then he muttered under his breath, "But I'll end when my PSP does."
  "That's so dramatic." Kuroo smirked and shook his head, a rueful smile grazing his lips. "Although you wouldn't be you if you weren't so obsessed."
  Kenma didn't hear that last sentence, because he was too busy trying to get a signal on his phone.
  "I'll get some water from the river, we're almost out."
  At this Kenma lifted his head, his amber eyes seeming to stare into Kuroo's soul. Then he looked back down.
  "Be careful," he said lowly. "I'll tell them about stuff when they wake up." Kenma nodded to Oikawa and Iwaizumi. Kuroo nodded back before stepping out of the shed, grabbing a plastic container that he and Kenma had been drinking out of since they hadn't found any bottles.
  Kuroo poked his head out of the shed door, glancing about. There were no zombies here, most likely because the smell of vegetation and fertilizer that they'd sprayed all over could disguise their human scent, but he still had to be careful.He had to trek through a good amount of the plantation, and Kuroo found himself wondering if there was anything edible around here.
  He slid down a slope and could hear the bubbling river up ahead. But before the male could take another step, a cry split the air, and the voice was chillingly familiar.

  "Hinata!"

Oh, wait. Oh, shit.