CHAPTER FOUR: YUU NISHINOYA

Two days had passed since the incident at the shop, and while Hinata wasn't a trembling mess anymore and Nishinoya had washed the stench of blood off his hands, it was so hard to forget the dying man's face.
  He probably has a family like us, right?
  Nishinoya shuddered at the very thought of himself dying and leaving his family behind- it seemed so cruel and inhumane. And why wouldn't it be, considering those zombies weren't even humans to begin with?
  As of now he was beginning to experiment with Hinata how to get food without thieving. They'd been setting up traps in the hopes of catching birds, and so far the fruits of their efforts had yielded them two feathery pigeons. They were now camping in a forest clearing, away from prying eyes and in a place with plenty of bushes and soil for them to... fertilize.
  Hinata had gotten a fire going while Nishinoya was busying himself with plucking off the pigeons' feathers. This would be their dinner and he was starving. Sure, they had biscuits and bread but they had to make sure their rations lasted. And so Hinata and Nishinoya had survived the whole day on only a piece of bread which they had both shared.
  "Are you going to be done yet?" Hinata called.
  "Why don't you come over here and see for yourself? Busy sitting over there enjoying that fire?" Nishinoya snapped. He was at the end of his tether and right now Hinata felt like the worst person he could be stuck with.
  "I-I'm sorry," Hinata mumbled, and at his fearful tone Nishinoya instantly regretted his actions.
  "I should be sorry, I didn't mean to snap. I think the whole apocalypse thing's getting to me." The raven-haired male rubbed his temples and tried to organize his thoughts.
  "I think I understand."
  "By the way, the pigeons are done."
  "Nice."
  Hinata went over, picked up the two pigeons and speared them through two sturdy-looking branches before taking them to the fire to roast. They hadn't had meat in only two days, but it felt like an eternity. It was only now Nishinoya realized how valuable all those survival classes he had taken were.
  "I'll go get some water from the river, I'll be back soon, 'kay?" Nishinoya called.
  "Should I go with you?" Hinata asked, still uncertain about being left alone. In this area, the pair had not detected any zombie activity, but still...
  "I'll be back," Nishinoya promised, before grabbing two empty bottles and disappearing into the woods, leaving Hinata behind. He couldn't risk letting Hinata out of the mostly-safe woods, he was the senpai after all.
  Nishinoya followed the streams to their source, a great, frothing river which had a broken bridge towering over it. Nishinoya leaned down and cupped some of the water in his hands, hoping that the rain earlier hadn't washed too much mud in. Thank goodness it hadn't, and with a relieved sigh the small teenager leaned over and filled the two bottles with water. He'd have to distill the water or something later, which would be a real pain in the ass, but whatever, at least they wouldn't die of dehydration.
  Perhaps it was time to think less about surviving and more about finding other survivors, though. Whenever Nishinoya thought about anyone else in the state that man who'd died had been, he's realized that no one deserved to die like that, no one.
  Screwing the two caps onto the bottles, Nishinoya stood up and prepared to leave, until he heard a shriek coming from the direction of the woods, where he'd left his kouhai.
  The voice was unmistakable.
  "Hinata!"