CHAPTER ELEVEN:HAJIME IWAIZUMI

"A vote?" Oikawa echoed.
Iwaizumi wouldn't be lying if he said right then and there that the interest that glittered in Oikawa's eyes was far too dangerous for his liking.
"I'm going with the vote idea," Nishinoya muttered quickly. "We'll get the decision made faster."
"So Oikawa is for the forest, and Kuroo is for the mall?" Kenma confirmed. When both nodded, Kenma gazed at Iwaizumi, Hinata, and Nishinoya.
"All those in favor of the forest, raise your hand. If you don't raise it, I'm immediately assuming you're on Kuroo's side," Oikawa barked, spitting the last two words with a dangerous amount of venom.
Nishinoya remained firm, not meeting the Grand King in the eye, and it was obvious he was seething with rage. Then Iwaizumi thought he heard Kuroo gasp when he saw Hinata raise his hand, followed by Iwaizumi, who didn't want to deal with zombies any more.
"You're all selfish! You're just too cowardly to risk your lives to get supplies to treat me! I regret saving your life, Shoyou Hinata. I almost die and this is how you repay me," Nishinoya hissed, eyes flashing with undisguised hatred at the forest group.
"I'm sorry!" Hinata wailed. "I-I just don't think I can face them again-"
"Stop this!" Kuroo muttered. "We'll attract attention. But this vote has come to a tie, so no decision can be made."
"I don't think so," Oikawa retorted coolly. "We should just separate and have our own groups."
"What? We'll be weakened!" Kuroo's eyes were huge. "We should stick together and reach a compromise."
"Dissension will eat us up from the inside. We should cut ties before our relationships strain further until the point of no return."
"We're still friends, right?" Hinata asked hopefully, sweeping his gaze around before landing it hopefully on Nishinoya, who looked away. Iwaizumi felt his heart clench when he saw Hinata's crestfallen look.
"Of course," Oikawa assured, his voice smooth as silk. "Well, we should get moving back to the forest. And don't worry, we'll find herbs for you and use it to treat your wounded," he added with a sneer.
Fighting for survival had made his best friend bitter, and Iwaizumi realized that in a heartbeat. Even when their lives were in danger, Oikawa sought to outdo anyone who stood in his way from getting what he wanted.
  "Let's go." Oikawa left first, Iwaizumi casting a final glance at Kuroo's group before they and Hinata left for the woods.
  "A-are you sure this is a good idea?" Hinata stammered. Oikawa turned back to glare at him.
  "Are you questioning me?" he snapped, and Hinata dropped his gaze.
  "Oikawa, stop being such a trashy douchebag!" Iwaizumi felt rage bubble within him. "He's following you after you split the groups, isn't it enough? Is nothing ever good enough for you."
  Oikawa regarded Iwaizumi coldly. "Nothing ever is. There must be survivors all over Japan, like us, wanting to find salvation after we were abandoned. Those who aren't dead or who aren't rogues must be at some sort of safe house. Until then, we must find as many followers as possible. There is safety in numbers."
  "Well, ironically enough, you split the group."
  "It's not my fault those three were too blind to see the dangers at the mall!" Oikawa spat. "I'm not one to get my group slaughtered."
  It was no use; when Oikawa made up his mind, there was no changing it. The brunette turned his head, and while Iwaizumi couldn't see his expression he could feel anger coming off his best friend in waves.
  "It's getting late. We should find some place to sleep once we arrive in the forest."
  Numbly, Iwaizumi followed Oikawa's lead, with Hinata trailing behind them, still visibly frightened by Oikawa's outburst. Up above, the stars glittered, oblivious to the troubles below.