Thranduil Imagine: Unexpected. Part Four

"My king Thranduil!!" An elven soldier breathed as he elegantly raced towards the throne room, his golden armour rattling. "My king!"

"Yes Eldamar, what is it?" Thranduil ushered aside his aide, who had been busy trying to persuade the ellon to make a plan of action on a fresh pack of Uruk-Hai that where headed to the edges of the realm. "What is so urgent?"

"My King, the Lord and Lady of Rohan have just left the city on one of our horses. I tried but I could not stop them."

Thranduil instantly stood to his feet, his heart racing underneath the exposed, creamy skin of his chest. "And (Y/N)? The girl? Has their daughter left with them?" The ellon hurried his way down the steps from the grandeur of his throne and began to walk at a fast pace towards the guest chambers. He did not want (Y/N) to have gone, sadness overtaking him at the thought.

"That's the thing, my lord-" The guard was by no means out of shape, but he struggled to keep up with The kings lengthy strides. "-The girl ran back to her room, it seems they have all had some sort of disagreement. We heard the shouting but by the time we got there, lady (Y/N) pushed passed us and ran off to the chambers. We questioned her parents but neither of them spoke, only picked up their belongings and made for the gate."

At hearing this, the king could sense that something was wrong. He kept his gaze to the floor as he passed the room (Y/N)s parents had stayed the night before, his eyes widening as he saw little droplets of blood splattered onto the cold stone bricks. "Thank you Eldamar, I will take it from here." The ellon hushed a whisper and motioned for the guard to make his way back to the entrance hall before reaching the oaken door and grabbing for the heavy door handle. "I will let you know if there is anything we need."

Inside, the room was deathly dark. The hessian curtains had been closed and the candles had long since gone out the night before, leaving a stale smell of smoke to hover thickly in the air. Thranduil peeked his head around the door as he noticed a black mass sitting on the edge of the mattress, holding a small cloth in between her hands and gently dabbing at the delicate skin of her slender neck.

"(Y/N)?" The king soothed, making her jump and fix her gaze to the area where his voice had came from. He slowly made his way to the window, pulling open the cloth and letting a golden light flood into the space.

"Sorry-" The woman muttered under her breath, quickly placing the scrap of fabric she had been holding under her pillow. Thranduil sat himself down by her side, sensing she was hurt. He shoved the cushions back to see that the cloth she has hidden was covered in droplets of ruby-red blood, and then the elf gently pulled (Y/N)s face towards him to see a small but deep cut pressed into the skin below her eat. A fresh amount of blood was starting to make its way down her collar bone and shuffled closer, aghast.

"What happened?" Thranduil asked sternly, investigating the wound further with twinkling eyes.

"Nothing." (Y/N) was now staring into space, not concentrating on the conversation. She still felt a little queasy and did not want to relive the events of the past few days.

"Did he do this to you?!" The ellon crouched by her knees and looked to her face as a trail of salty tears streamed down her soft cheeks. "Eodrid?"