Chapter 10 Awakening.

Language warning for the song. Also, if you haven't seen the Chorus Trilogy from RvB, I wouldn't not advise seeing the video because it contains major spoilers. I used it because it inspired the next story arc after this one that goes from Chapter 13-24. And the end may or may not be accurate for me either.

"Hey Zach," said Neeran as her eyes fluttered open and her eyes looked directly into Zach's shimmering apparition for blue eyes. "How are you going?"
"I've been better," admitted Zach. "You care to wake up anytime soon?"

"I am awake," said Neeran waving Zach aside as she forced herself to sit up and rubbed her eyes. "Though I must admit that that was a great sleep. Best I've had in a long time."
"That wouldn't have anything to do with your nightmares would it?" asked Zach as he watched Neeran waking up carefully.

"Yeah, usually," said Neeran.

Neeran then seemed to take in their surroundings and realised what Zach's earlier statement had meant.

"I'm not awake yet, am I?" asked Neeran as she looked around her mind scape.
"Your sub-conscious is awake which is a definite improvement," said Zach. "Usually, I'm just talking to your fully unconscious body and mind. This is much better."

"What are you on about?" asked Neeran, rolling her eyes. "I can't have been asleep for that long."

Zach was quiet and Neeran could tell that Zach hadn't told her everything.

"Zach."

"What's going on?"

"Just promise me you'll wake up, alright?" asked Zach pleadingly.

Neeran nodded and Zach sighed,
"I've been awake for two years. You've been asleep for... longer."

Neeran went to snap at him but he faded swiftly out of her conscious. Before Neeran had a chance to finish her thoughts about him begin a bailing asshole, Neeran realised that she herself was actually waking up.

Neeran's eyes fluttered open and she started.

She had expected to wake up outside on the small grassy hill with Zach beside her. Instead, she was lying on the couch covered in Shakkuri's fluffy blanket with an unconscious Chopper sleeping rather uncomfortably against the low-lying table.

Neeran went to sit up and a wet cloth slipped off her face. Neeran picked it up and reveled in its coolness.

Something startled Chopper from his slumber and he awoke suddenly to come face to face with his now awake master.

"Master!" exclaimed Chopper, scrambling over himself to get beside her and make sure she was alright. "Are you okay? Is anything wrong?"
"I'm fine Chopper," assured Neeran as she noticed the darkness outside and added, "But you should keep your voice down in case the other awaken."

But it was too late.

The others had heard and were coming bolting down the hallway.

"Mother!" exclaimed three of the voices while the other six voice, much to Neeran's surprise, all yelled out "Neeran!"

"What?" exclaimed Neeran noticing the six new arrivals. "How? When? Why?"

"You don't know," whispered Chopper, wide-eyes in shock and surprise.
"Don't know what?" asked Neeran cautiously.

"You've been unconscious for almost three years," said Jexxel.
"Three... years...?" asked Neeran, looking around at her children and noticing some new faces. "What has happened?"