Chapter 20

(A/N Listen to this song while reading this chapter, it gave me inspiration for this chapter. [ if the link doesn't work it is i know by tom odell] also this chapter is kinda sad so, yeah. - Ruby)

PHIL POV

I went to Dan's house on friday night to see if he was there. i knew his Dad would be out, he always goes out on weekends to drink and go to clubs. I unlocked the door with the key they kept under the tattered welcome mat and slowly opened the door in case someone was inside. i stepped inside after i slid the key under the mat, "Dan? Dan are you here?" i called into the empty house, my words echoing off the walls. i turned a light on and made my way upstairs to Dan's room the stairs creaked as i walked up them and i shivered realising how empty the house really was. I reached his room and turned on the lamp on his desk next to the picture of us at the beach, it was raining that day and Dans hair had curled - it looked really cute - we were sitting on some rocks in our duffle coats, mine was yellow and Dans was black. we were smiling like madhatters and i had my arm around Dan, it was one of the best days. I looked at the picture and noticed a crack through the middle of us. it's probably an accident but I can't shake the feeling that it is slightly symbolic of our relationship.
I really hope he comes back, I might of been upset after the party but I really want him to come back, I need him to.
I picked up the frame to look at the picture better and there was a note under it, the note was written on yellow lined paper and a blue pen that Dan always wrote in.

Dear Phil,
If you are reading this I guess you came looking for me. you are probably not going to find me, that's what is meant to happen. I'm sorry that Chris kissed me, I didn't want him too. you probably hate me right now, I hate myself actually. I'm really sorry.
Dan x

I can't believe he thinks I hate him. I really don't it was just hard to process when I saw Chris kissing him. I put the note in my pocket and turn off the light I walk out of his room humming Centuries, it's like a part of him is still here.

I walked out of his house through the hole In the fence to the hut. it looked like he had recently been there which was good. there was another frame in the hut it was when we went to our school dance we were both in suits and ties. Dan looked really nice that night and he was surprisingly good at dancing. he stayed at mine that night, it was one of our first fights, we were talking about what we were going to do after we leave school, Dan said he wanted to be a lawyer and I said I wanted to do creative writing, he was upset because we both wanted to go to different universities. he hit me saying that I only wanted to do what was best for myself and I didn't care that we would be separated, I cared more than he thought and our argument stopped. I still think about that night it was such a good night until we started talking about the future.
I left a note by the picture, it was on a pad that Dan kept in the hut.

Dear Dan,
I don't hate you, I never did I was just confused. I need you to come back, I miss you. I still love you. if you love my too meet me at the beach by the rocks at 2:00 on Sunday, I will be waiting, if you don't come you don't love me. that's how we will decide.
Phil xxx

a/n
Hey! sorry for the long wait for this chapter but I have been busy with Christmas and this chapter is probably one of the longest ones I have wrote!
- Ruby 🌸.