33. I'M NOT A SLUT I SWEAR : The Rejection and the Exception

I UPDATED EARLLYYYYYY

First chapter of Ash & Ash is up! If you like childhood romances you'll like it. Also, the chapters are much longer. Go vote and comment 4 me! I'd love the support ❤️

p.s I feel kind of like I'm a goofy person is that strange? XD

xx senpai 🌙

Gerald 

I walk through the halls with my head lowered. Every day has been the same. The seat where Alice sat has been empty for days. I miss her, but I know she doesn't want to see me. When she passed out again I set her back down on the bed. I fell asleep with my head on the bed, sitting down next to it, and when I woke up she was gone. She'd gone home.

Probably called Riley.

One thing was clear.

I'd been rejected.

Or at least, she clearly didn't feel the same way.

Ginger doesn't know what she's talking about.

I lift my head, and as if I was looking for him, my eyes find Riley. He's leaning on the lockers with his friends, and his eyes catch on mine.

I hate you, Riley.

I hate you for stealing her from me.

But in a way, wasn't it your fault too?

Aren't you the one that ignored her because you were all caught up with Camille?

I drag my eyes from Riley's. That, at least was true. Whatever situation I'm in now, is my fault. Now, the only thing I can really do is wait. Wait and see what happens. Wait and see who she chooses. Wait and see...

I shake my head inwardly.

Bull, Gerald. You're not a waiter.

***

I knock on the massive door, and swallow nervously as deep barking reaches my ears. I take a panicked step backwards. She had a dog. That's right. She's told me about him before. My chests pounds in my heart as I hear shuffling on the other side of the door and a girl's voice. I cross my arms in front of me, the CVS bag with butterfingers, an Aria the Scarelt Ammo DVD in the bag and the notes for the past few days. I didn't know what to get her, so I got this. 

"Gerald." She says through the door. I nod, lifting the bag, and smiling shyly at her.

"For you." I say, and it feels like an eternity before she opens the door.

"How do you know where I live?" She asks, and my breath catches, landing on her overflowing black hair. It's grown since the last time I saw her, because that was only a couple days ago. Although, each day has felt like a month. Her expression is perfectly blank, and I try not to let it bother me. 

"I bribed my Dad into telling me."

"Oh." Her eyes drift down to the bag in my hands. "Is that for me?" I nod, and put out my hand.

"I just came to check on you. Make sure you're still alive. The notes from the past couple days are in here." She nods, out stretching her hand to grab the bag. I hand it to her easily, and swallow nervously when our finger tips brush.

"Do you want to come in?" She asks, raising her eyes from the bag, looking at me through long lashes.

"U-u-um. Yes, please. If you wouldn't mind." At that she shakes her head, opening the door so that her dog runs at me, sniffing my feet.