36. I'M NOT A SLUT I SWEAR : The Spoken Words & The Mumbled

Alice

I sit next to Gerald on his couch. It feels strange knowing that Gerald lives with Mr.Montana. He's yelled at me so many times before. It just...feels weird. In front of all of us the TV plays and it's an episode of a show I've never seen before, Adventure Time it's a weird show, but I like it. It's also unique.

I shift away from Gerald. I've become suddenly aware of his closeness. He notices and turns towards me, watching me carefully. My hands twitch in my lap, conscious of his gaze on me. I try to stare at the TV screen, but I can't shake the feeling of his eyes on me.

At some point during the episode Gerald leans down towards me, and I don't even notice until he says, "You're... red...a little." At that I turn towards him, narrowing my eyes.

"Shut up, Ger." I say, and he blinks, batting his long eyelashes at me. I've never noticed how long they were until just now.

"Ger? Did you just invent a nickname for me?" I blink back, not expecting blush to spread on his cheeks. Suddenly, a lump forms in my throat and I don't really know why. He reaches up and cups the back of his neck, his cheeks seriously red.

"What you don't like it?"

"Je ne pense pas que ce soit le problème." The words leave his mouth so quickly I almost think I've imagined it. I blink at him, leaning towards him in awe.

"You speak French?" I ask, and besides him his mother chuckles.

"Avez-vous garder un secret juste pour le show?" I stare at her as she casually sips her wine, starting to wonder what on Earth she's saying. Gerald seems to turn an even brighter shade and turns to his mother.

"Non, je ne me promène pas parler français, Mère."

"C'est dommage. Je l'ai entendu français est une langue romantique. Et je suis sûr que la romance viendra avec elle."

"Agh , être tranquille , elle pourrait comprendre ce que vous dites."

I look over at Gerald's father only to find him staring at a newspaper in his lap. Without bothering to look up he says, "Don't worry. You get used to it. Just know that I think my wife might be teasing Gerald about you." 

"You don't speak French, how do you understand-"

"Oh, you pick up a few things along the way." He says, and I nod towards him. Realizing that Principal Montana just might have a wise side to him after all. I lean back in the couch, pulling my knees to my chest as Gerald and his mother continue to bicker in French. I can't help but watch Gerald, grinning slightly.

It felt like Gerald was someone who would always be a little mysterious.

"Elle t'aime." His response to this is fast. He freezes entirely, and he's not blushing either. It takes him a moment to shake his head in response.

"Elle l'aime. Not me." At that she frowns, but doesn't say anything.

"My son is such a blind fellow." In French at least.

"I am not." He says, and then turns towards me. "Do you want me to give you a ride home?" At that I try not get offended but, I cant really help it. I stand, and round the couch, waving at his parents, shooting them a quick smile.

"Bye, see you soon Mr.Montana. I'll try not to punch anyone." I head off towards the door and I think I imagine Gerald's cursing mother. As I approach the door Gerald steps into place next to me.

"I'll see you on Monday, right?" Gerald asks when we reach the door and I pause, the door opened half way. I glance over at him, and then back at the door.

"Well, we go to school together Gerald. Why wouldn't I see you?" I ask, and start to head out the door, surprised when a hand wraps around my own, pulling me back.

"My mom said you love me," I blink at him. "I said that you don't love me. You love him, Riley. Right, you love him?"

It feels like too long before I respond, and it just might have been too long of a pause.

"I'm too young to say I love anyone, Gerald. Anyone." He drops my hand then, and I try not to notice, but I can't not notice. And just like so many times before, I find myself staring into his eyes. His warm eyes. "And you are too."

"I disagree there, Alice. I think anyone can experience love at any age, but when you get older you just start to fear it. Like you do. But...Alice, Je t'aime à la folie." I lift my chin, looking at him sheepishly.

"You know I have no idea what you just said right? Are you going to say it in English?" At that he sighs, a different tone in his eyes. One I haven't seen in anyone's eyes in a while.

"When you're ready to hear it, I'll say it."

"When will that be?" He leans towards me suddenly, his lips now hovering by my ear, lips brushing my jaw.

"I hope soon. Keeping feelings bottled up are harder for some more than others."

Ouch.

He pulls away and I see a hint of a smile on his lips when he does. Without thinking twice I reach out towards him, as if reading my mind he slaps his hand against mine and intertwines our fingers. He pulls me to him in one swift motion, and suddenly our faces are extremely close to one another's as well as our chests. I hope he can't feel my heart beating erratically in my chest.

"...I said it before Alice, and I'll say it again...but...I like you." I sigh, and take a step away from him, pulling our hands apart. I don't meet his gaze as I turn away, my heart racing in my chest.

"I think I might like you too Gerald." I mumble, hoping he didn't hear me.

"What?" He asks, as the wind hits me, pushing my hair back from my face.

"I said, see you tomorrow, Gerald. I'll tell Riley you said hi." I head over to my car, my heart beating rapidly in my chest. My feet thudding against the concrete. My eyes straight ahead of me. I could say that to myself, but not to him. Why? What the hell is wrong with me?

Somehow, when I get into the car and push my key into the ignition I know that I'm not going home. I turn the key and position my hands on the steering wheel. Before I drive away, I can't help but look to my right-to Gerald-to find him watching me, a serious look in his eye. For a second it's just him, me and each painful heart beat in my chest.

Then, I pull off of the curb and it's just me again.

WHERE IS ALICE GOING DDHJSB??? DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY THEORIES?

HAHA SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT ❤️ I KNOW ALICE FINALLY SAID THAT SHE LIKED GERALD, BUT THEN SHE RAN AWAY AGAIN AGSHSHSHS

LET THE DRAMA BEGIN

ANYWAY, THE FRENCH STUFF WAS BASICALLY JUST GERALD AND HIS MOM BICKERING. NOT A NEED TO KNOW JUST FUN TO KNOW

WATCHING GOSSIP GIRL ( for the first time )

CHUCK AND BLAIR ANYONE

I LOVE THAT LOVE TRIANGLE

COMMENT FOR ME

xx senpai 🌙