Chapter Seven | Finally looking up

Sitting back in my chair, I fiddled nervously with the corner of my English book, nervously waiting. 

Constantly, I looked up checking to see if Justin or Ollie had arrived in class. 

I was worried Justin might have been told. I didn't want to be called 'weak' 'pussy' and/or an 'attention seeker'. He always threw insults at me. It made me feel shit.

Justin approached the door smirking with an evil gleam set in his eyes. Ollie was behind me, avoiding all eye contact; unlike Justin.

I knew it. I fucking knew it. Ollie couldn't keep one simple secret to himself.

Justin kept the hold on me before he made his way towards the front sitting down as if he didn't give a shit about the lesson.

Knowing what Justin now thought of me played on my mind. I could hardly concentrate. I thought of the worst scenarios I could have; which wasn't helping me.

"Miss Michaels." Miss Smithson called, interrupting me from my thoughts. 

I whipped my head up as if it was a race against time, coming back to reality. 

Everyone had their eyes locked on me as I scanned the class warily.

"Ooooo." The boys bellowed from the front as they sat messily in their seats. 

"You lil rebel. Concentrate, girl." Justin sneered sarcastically, thinking he was the comedian of the class. Unfortunately, others thought that too as they grinned to themselves. 

"Sorry, miss." I quickly answered, knowing that I was delaying time. 

She continued with the topic as I paid full attention this time pushing back all the negative thoughts. 

-

"How could you fucking tell him?" I shouted at Ollie in the school hallway, shoving him. "I didn't want to tell you but I then just let you in to one of the biggest parts of my life and you just go ahead and take advantage of it. You fucking dickhead." My voice became barely audible towards the end as a stream of tears glided down my cheek.

Ollie gripped my shoulders staring into my eyes. "Calm down, Ella." He hushed.

Shoving him off, I continued my rant, emphasising with my hands. "You did, didn't you? I know you did. You've ruined my life, for fuck sake. I can't believe this." 

"I didn't say anything. I promise. Why would you even think that? I may seem like a bad person but I am not like that." 

"Stop lying to me! He knows. I could tell by the way he looked at me and the way you ignored me." I argued.

"Ella, stop! I promise I didn't say a word. I should have but I won't. Did you know how much trouble this could get me in?" He cautiously looked around planting his eyes back on mine. "A lot. If I know more than him, I'm basically dead meat. He asked for me to say everything that you tell me during this project. He wants to know all! and you know what I have said? I told him you will hardly open up to me. He got angry, trying to get me to pull violence on you if you wouldn't talk. I agreed to hi-"

I turned away, clearly shocked by him agreeing. 

"Ella, I had to. I can't seem soft. Justin is a very dangerous person. I know way more than he thinks and if he ever finds out-" 

"If whoever finds out?" 

I lashed my head to the side to see Justin leant against the lockers. 

"If...um...we are just talking about math." Ollie stuttered. 

"Don't fucking bullshit me, Brooks." Justin snapped, hitting his first against one of the lockers causing a dent. "You wanna be on the wrong side of me?"