Curly intro

l walked with little bursts of cool air hitting my face as I fanned myself with my hand.

I could feel the sweat trying to drip down my face.

I wiped my face with both my hands, trying to get as much sweat off as possible. this weather was killing me. I live in Michigan why is it this hot. its been 90° degrees everyday for almost two weeks, with no sign of rain. You were lucky even if you saw a small cloud. I can't wear make up, and I have to water my hair back or up ALL the time and I need to wear almost no clothes to stay cool.

when I finally got to a food stand I ordered my favorite summer drink, mountain dew. during any other season I can't stand the taste of the stuff. But don't tell me pop is bad for you because if I drink pop I get bloated and throw up, but mountain dew doesn't do that.

Probably because of all the extra chemicals in it to give it that toxic, chemically altered, citrus fruit taste.

I smiled at the lady.

"the usual?"

"yes, please." I said, reaching for my dollar. Sharon, the lady who owned this place, knew my face like the back of her hand. I was there almost everyday during summertime.

she handed me my drink, and I gave her a dollar and thanked her.

continuing my little stroll through the park, I tried not to die from the heat. I was wearing my shortest shorts and my thinnest tank top, and a bikini underneath. I looked like the really tan surfer girl in the movie 'blue crush' but with a different face.

I heard a ding come from my pocket, it was a text from my mom.

'come home right now.'

sounds like she's mad.

'why'

'because its important and I said so.'

'okay'

Of course that's the reason, just like it is every time.

when I got home I saw my dad sitting in the kitchen with my mom and her friend, of which I forgot the name of. she had dark hair and was rather thin, but she was gorgeous and actually pretty young looking.

they all looked in my direction when i walked through the door way.

"hello." I half-smiled. immediately the woman's face lit up like a lamp and she got the biggest smile on her face, and got up and hugged me as tight as a grand mother would hug her little grand daughter.

"Rae," she had an accent, "i haven't seen you in so long! you've gotten so big, I could barley recognize you."

How long has it been? four--five years? have I changed that much? "i wouldn't be surprised if you don't remember me." she said giving me a sympathetic look.

"I,um," i didn't really know what to say since it was true ,"maybe if i got your name?"

"Anne." oh, that's sounded familiar. "well, maybe you'll remember my son? he's about your age."

"maybe." I said. my mom cleared her throat, " Anne's son and his friends are coming up from Ohio, and are going to stay here for a few days."

"can I know why?" I asked, wondering why my parents would let a bunch of teenage boys stay in the same house as me.

"they're touring, and they needed a place to stay while they're here."

"can't they just stay at a hotel?" my mother gave me a stern look. "I'm just wondering! don't look at me like that."

"we would stay at a hotel," Anne chimed in, "but I thought since we knew someone here, why not visit them?" are they from England? I think that's the accent.

"are you from England?" I asked, Anne laughed.

"yes, we are."

"that's cool." i smiled, but then there was an awkward silence. "so, um..where is everyone else?"

"they're on their way," Anne paused,"I usually get to places before them, because you know, bathroom breaks and other boy stuff keeps them held up."

Time for my suave exit. I started to back out of the kitchen, "well," I paused," I'm gonna go clean my room now." they laughed at my awkwardness, but so did I.

when I got to my room I put away anything out of place. my room was usually clean so it took me 5 minutes at the most to get everything done.

after a while I heard the door open and a bunch of boys talking and yelling. I peaked around the door way and down the stairs and my eyes widened.

no.

that can't be them.

looking back at my wall, i scanned all the posters, until my eyes landed on the one poster I was looking for. I laughed a nervous laugh.

"no." I whispered to myself.

I when and peaked around the doorway again, making sure they wouldn't se me. I looked at all of them to make sure I was right.

I never realized how much Photoshop and airbrushing the photographers used during photo shoots. they all looked so much more real than they do in the pictures. I tried making out which one was her son. I saw the resemblance in one of them. I pulled myself back into my room and looked into my mirror.

I was dressed like whore. but the temperature is gonna keep going up until like four o'clock and its. two right now so I think they'll understand.

I walked out and down the stairs bracing myself to encounter the most famous boy band in the world.

one direction.