chapter 2 Lemonade

I tried sitting I'm my room the rest of the day, which didn't work because I'm not like that. I can't just sit in one room that long and not go insane. I don't even know where Anne was. I think she was in a meeting or some weird business thing, and my parents were at work. leaving me with my anxiety and PMS. 

exactly what I need in a house full of boys. 

about an hour after the shit with niall happened and listening to ed sheerans album for the millionth time, someone knocked at my door. I realized I was still in my bathing suite. 

"one minute." I said, quickly changing into soffee shorts and a T-shirt. I opened my door, and was surprised to see harry standing there, looking kind of upset. 

"hi," I said quietly and confused, not looking him in the eye. 

"hey.." he paused and furrowed his eyebrows, "were you just..." he pointed to my eyes. he could tell I was crying. reaching for the back of his neck awkwardly he continued, "I'm really sorry about what happened." I looked down. 

"you don't need to apologize," I said," it wasn't your fault." 

"yeah, but, I just saw how much what he said upset you and you were right."  

there was an awkward silence. 

"I'm sorry if I'm acting bitchy. I don't mean too." 

"you're not, you were right. if you want I could ask niall to come up here and apologize." he suggested. I thought about it, but talking to him again would probably start another fight. 

"maybe that isn't a good idea." I said. 

"well, I think it is. he needs to apologize. and niall usually isn't like that, I don't know why he's acting so weird." 

"well, i don't know either. send him up here to apologize if you want. I'll be waiting." 

"are you sure?" he asked, making sure. 

"ye-yeah." I stuttered, harry nodded and I watched him descend down the stairs. I closed my door and walked to my mirror, looking at my reflection. my face was stained with tears and my eyes were red and puffy. I attempt to rinse my face with cold water, hoping it would help, but it didn't work. there was a knock on my door again. 

great. 

I opened my door which revealed a blonde boy, looking at the ground. 

"can I help you with something?" I asked him, causing him to look up at me with guilty eyes. 

"um," he paused and looked down again,"I'm sorry about what happened down there....I didn't mean what I said. I don't really know what got into me..." he looked up at me and by the look on his face I could see he meant it...at least I think. 

"its fine.'' i sighed, ''as long as you mean it. " this made him smile, I still didn't trust him though. there was an awkward silence again that you could physically feel. "well, um... I guess I'll just go now." he said as he started walking away slowly. 

"okay." I waited until he was halfway down the stairs, until I crept up to the attic. the attic was the place I'd always go when I needed to be alone. it always had the perfect lighting, the perfect temperature and just had the best atmosphere. the back wall was a window overlooking the back yard and the neighboring houses and had a soft window seat, that was perfect to sit and watch rain on. the rest of the walls are made if hard wood so it looks kind of cabiny. there was even had a little fireplace up there where I'd light fires during winter, to keep warm. 

a year ago my parents realized how much time I spent up there, so when they were redoing their room the gave me their old mattress that I cover with some old blankets that my grandparents gave me a couple years before the died. but I know what you're thinking, 'ew do you know what they probably did on that mattress, that's discusting.' well they had it specially cleaned and fixed up so that it was practically brand new again.

it was late afternoon, and I had been sitting up there for a couple hours until I remembered I didn't eat lunch and it was already dinner time.  

I made my way down stairs, finally in a calm state of mind, when I smelled pizza. picking up my pace to kitchen made the smell overwhelm me. I haven't had pizza in months. 

"who ordered pizza?" I asked them 

"me." I turned around, it was Anne. 

"oh, hi." I smiled 

"your parents told me to just order pizza, I hope you don't mind." she said. why would I mind? 

"its fine, don't be silly, I just,'' I paused, '' I don't really eat pizza." I said. all I heard after that was: 

a "what!" from Liam 

a "really?" from Louis 

and a "how do you live?!'' from niall. I laughed not answering and started making my usual dinner. 

"why are you eating rabbit food?" zayn asked, eyeing my tomato. 

"because I like it. why are you eating processed milk and a pieces of a dead animal on white bread?"  

''because I like it.'' zayn said, smirking, I smirked back. 

in the middle of what I was doing something bumped into me, I looked up at....harry, standing way too close to me-again. do these boys not know what personal space is? 

"yes?'' I asked him. he looked at me and smiled. 

"nothing. just getting a glass.'' he said reaching for the cupboard. 'then why are you so close to me?' I thought. his arm was touching mine and even though I've always wanted a member of one direction rubbin' all up on me, I was actually really uncomfortable. after he finally got his glass, that took 500 years to get, he went behind me to the fridge. 

"hey, do you have any lemonade?'' he asked as he closed the fridge. giving him a weird look, he said, "I just really want some lemonade.'' 

"um...I think we have some out in the garage. I'll go check.'' 

''ill go with you.''  

"you don't have to.." I said 

"yeah, but you don't know how much I want." 

''um,'' i paused and gave him a funny look, ''alright then.'' I said slowly 

once we got to the garage, I got the lemonade out and poured it in his glass until he said it was 'just right.' 

"you have a nice house." well, that was random. 

"thanks.'' I replied setting the lemonade back in the fridge. 

''you know what else is really nice? this lemonade,'' he paused taking a sip, still looking around the garage, ''and you.'' he said in the most normal tone like it was nothing, finally looking at me. 

''um, thanks...'' I took a step back 

''are you afraid of me?'' he took a step forward. 

''no.'' I took another step back 

''then why are you stepping back?'' he stepped forward again, even closer than last time. 'not again, god please not again' I begged. my anxiety was going up fast and I took another step back. 

''why are you stepping forward?'' I smirked trying to cover up. harry smirked back and stepped so close, I could smell the lemonade on his breath. I stepped back again finally hitting a wall. 'shit shit shit' 

he stepped as close as he possibly could, and I could feel him breathing on me. I started breathing fast but I clenched my fists and tried to breath as slow as i could.  

''what are trying to do?'' I asked 

''nothing, you just have really pretty eyes.'' 

''i..um..'' he started leaning in, but before he got any close I punched his chest and slid down the wall running to the door. I looked back at him, ''just drink your lemonade.''