Chapter 1: The Note That Was Not Intended For Me

((From here on out, the story will be told in Alexzandra's point of view unless said otherwise. Pwease enjoy!!!)) 

___________________________________________________________________________

How could royal life get any duller than this?

"Mother, I was just practicing." I protested.

"And you just happened to fall into the water! With your dress on?!" she yelled at me.

"YES! What was I supposed to do?! The bees were chasing me and they don't stop! Ask Father if you need to!"

She turned toward him with her hands on her hips. He was pretending not to notice until he realized that she was still watching him. He shrugged and went back to pretending to read a book. "Ok, ok, just change out of that before you go fishing again, all right?" Then she walked away to the kitchen phone. I sighed and headed up the stairs to my room.

As I walked up to it, I noticed that Arteius had been standing gaurd there. He stood still but moved his emerald eyes to my unhappy face. "Something wrong, Your Highness?" he asked. I looked up at him and waved him into my room. He proceeded immediately after I went in. "Yes?"

"Sit."

He fidgeted into a chair and stared blankly at me. I plopped on my bed, folded my arms and legs, and unintentionally frowned. "I-it's my mother... She's always yelling at me! But she never punishes me... I don't get why she does it!" I voiced.

He walked over and sat next to me. "It's because she loves you too much. She wants you to be disciplined for when you take up the throne, is all. She also wants you to have an easy life." he comforted me.

I thought about it for a moment. "I'll take it into consideration, but how does she want my life to be easy if she's always yelling at me when I have fun?"

"I just told you. You know, you're blessed, Your Highness. To have such caring, selfless, and courageous parents. And you also wield the sacred Triforce! You are very lucky!" he commented lifting my right hand and examining the mark. "When I was growing up, I didn't have that opportunity. I had family, yes. Sir Kischel raised me. He also did so for Dame Imali, Sir Clavil, Jaquie, and his sister. We all used to run around stealing food to survive. I know you probably don't remember, but that is how we met you."

I couldn't believe it. I remembered running off that day because it was too dark, and bumping into a boy with dusty, shreded clothes. 'That was you?!' I thought to myself. "I remember..." I replied.

"Good. I think it's good to remember your past, sometimes. Now change out of that dress if you don't want to get yelled at again." he teased.

"How'd you know about that?! Were you eavesdropping?!" I yelled, throwing a pillow at the door as he hid behind it.

"If that's the case, then everyone was, Your Highness. We heard you all the way up here!" he laughed, closing the door behind him. Arteius was one of my only friends in the entire castle. He listened to me when I needed a friend, and he always knew how to make me smile in the end. He was one of the people who knew me best. I huffed and changed into my fishing gear, then headed back downstairs to get my shoes.

Father was wearing that green tunic that he put into his closet for "emergencies", and stuff like fishing and sparring. "I'm ready, Father!" I told him. At the door stood Agitha II, not to get confused with her foster mother, Agitha. "Hi, Agi!" I greeted her as I ran down those stairs to hug her. "Are you ready, too?"

"Yup, I have my containers and all!" she responded, holding up an empty container. She was coming along to catch bugs.

"All right. We'll be back soon. We're just going around the northern wall of the town. Bye!" Father said.  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"There aren't many fish over here, right, Father?" I asked plainly.

He shrugged. "I don't know you'll just have to find out for yourself." He smiled at me and moved around the fishing pole a bit. "What time is it?"

"3:00." I replied.

"So we've been out here for about two hours or so..." Agi sighed. "But hey, at least we caught a bug, and almost caught a fish." she assured us.

I sighed again. But then, there was a tug on my line. "I got... something..." I said as I pulled in the mysterious item. It was a note? I read it anyway. "Um... Father? It's..." I tried to say, handing him the note. His eyes widened.

"Come on, we're going home!" he ordered sternly. "Give this to Zelda, she'll know what to do!" He jumped up, dropped the pole, and ran to the eastern gate. I looked at Agitha. We were both confused, so we grabbed both poles, all of the containers, and hurriedly followed after him. 'Who was this note from, and what did it really mean?' The thought coursed throughout my mind.