adoption

Ally's P.O.V

I'm Ally. I have dark brown hair, with a little tint of red. I'm pretty short (5'4) for my age of 13. My dad died when I was seven. He got in a car crash and it was probably the worst thing ever. My mom gave my sister (Emily) and I up when I was 10. I guess she didn't want us anymore because it was to painful, but I don't know. My sister is 17 and we have been going through different adoption homes in the past years.

We stayed close because we were the only family we had. Emily always said when she turns eighteen she is gonna move somewhere and take me with her. We only have one year left.Usually siblings try to kill each other but not Emily and I. We haven't got adopted because nobody wants us. I mean who would want two teenagers? We always see kids coming and going. Emily does get in fights with other kids. That's why we keep moving. One day this couple walked into our adoption home. They asked to talk to us and we agreed. We went into one of those rooms where people can talk to us. Emily barely talked because she seemed really sad lately. I didn't take anything of it though. So you can imagine I did most of the talking.

I learned that the people who were talking to us names were Veronica, and Tim. They live in North Carolina which is weird because we live here in Wisconsin. They said they wanted some mature kids and they wanted to adopt us. We don't really have much of a choice so we go with them. I try to act excited about it. Emily and I go back to our room and we get our stuff. I throw all of my clothes from the dresser into my bag, and I only have two pairs of shoes, a pair of vans and converse, they are pretty old but I pack them. I also grab the note my mom slipped to me before she gave me up. It had a locket with my whole family placed on it and I haven't took it off since the day she gave me the letter. I didn't really have the guts to read the letter though, but I know I will someday.

My sister and me were packed fairly quickly and we got signed out of the adoption home and we got in the car and just left... Our lives will be changed forever from this moment forward...