16; Voices

CLICK THE STAR!!

Amanda's POV

Pain. That was all I felt when I woke up. My body ached, everything ached. Even keeping my eyes open was a struggle as the darkness begged to win me over.

Hold on Amanda. We're coming to save you.

That voice. It sounded so much like Dustin's voice. But he can't talk to me in my head. Can he??

Dear god I'm going insane.

Hello? I said in my mind, feeling stupid as héłł.

Amanda?

My eyes widened as his voice was in my mind. Dustin?

Yeah?

Are you really there? Like I'm not imagining this śhít?

I don't think so.

I blinked my eyes several times. How the hell can this happen?

I could almost hear him chuckling and rolling his eyes at me. Ya think I know princess? This is crazy. I'm talking to you and your seventy miles away.

I gasped. You know where I am? I asked through... my mind I guess.

Yeah. We're coming to get you. are you okay?

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. Oh yeah. I'm having the time of my life over here. Five course meals everyday and a grand suite room with this huge bed. How do you think I'm doing, idiot?

Well you sound like you're doing fine. He told me sarcastically. Do you even want us to rescue you?

Yes! It's hell over here! But you really don't know how we can communicate through our minds?

Nope. I mean, there's a couple of legends and stuff my mom used to tell me, but it's all a bunch of crap.

I sighed but quickly held my breath when the door opened up. Gotta go. He's back.

Tell me if he touches you, got it?

Yeah.

Vix walked over and stopped a couple of feet away from me. He smirked. "It's been a week and you're lover boy hasn't come to get you yet. Losing hope?"

I shook my head, knowing if regret what I was going to say. "Nope. He's coming and he's gonna beat your sorry ass for kidnapping me." I braced myself as his fist came flying towards my face.

"You're going to regret saying that." He continued to punch me everywhere. "But I'll make you a deal, since I'm in such a generous mood. I'll let you see when we kill your little boyfriend when he does try to rescue you. If he tries to rescue you, that is. Frankly, I don't know why they would. You're as useless as your father said you are."

I stopped breathing. "You know my father?"

He laughed. "Oh yes. We are quite the pair. In fact, he's the one that hired me to kidnap you. The whole Dustin thing was just an added bonus." He walked around me and "accidentally" nudged my broken ankle. I let out a scream as pain shot up my leg.

Amanda? Dustin's voice rang through my head. You're hurt. I can tell through this... this bond or whatever we have. What's wrong? What's he doing to you? I tried to block him out of my mind and focused on Vix.

"You're sick," I spat out at him. "The both of you are sick beings. Why the hell would you do this?" I shrank back when he came closer.

"The job pays well." Was all he said and walked out.