Challenge Accepted

Shiro POV

"That's fine, if it's a challenge from one of the elite ten, then might as well use this opportunity to the fullest." I smirked.

"What she said." Soma joined in.

"A cooking challenge from the seventh seat of the elite ten, huh. What should I make? From the looks of it, he made a Japanese dish. Should I make a Japnese food as well?" I thought.

"Hey Isshiki-senpai, were you raised in a Japanese restaurant?" Soma asked.

"Why would you think that?" He questioned.

"Since this dish, was cooked perfectly. And not everyone can cook like that. But I'm going with Yukihira's secret menu, dish number 20! And I'm going to use mackerel as my main ingredient." Soma exclaimed as he put a hand band on his head.

"Yukihira?" I asked curious, since my Dad had spoken about this restaurant.

"Yukihira is a restaurant where I used to cook at." He explained.

I smirked. "If your going with the seafood category, I might as well join you." I tied my hair in a pony tail.

We both went into the kitchen, and started preparing our dish. I decided to make a side dish, with the mackerel. The mackerel will be put into a circular motion, with egg. But the egg would be in a jello shape, and when touch, it will melt.

My sauce would be a normal sauce made with garlic. Plus some herbs to make the food refreshing.

And just like that we finished at the same time. I saw Shun, Yuki and Ryoko awake. Luckily I made lots.

"I made lots for you guys." I said. As the smell from my dish started to spread throughout the room.

"How can I say no to these dishes!" Yuki exclaimed.

"Dig in." I smiled.

Soma made a oni-gri salted with kelp tea, with the mackerel. 

As they first taste Soma's dish, "Delicious!" Was what they said.

"You used poele, didn't you." I stated, even though I didn't eat it.

"Poele!?" Everyone in this room was shocked including Soma.

"How did you know? You didn't eat it!" Yuki asked.

"It's a common way to cook fish with a hard surface. It's only common sense to use it, even though it's a French method of cooking. I see a lot of these dishes in France." I explained to them.

"Wow, you even went to France!?" Ryoko exclaimed.

"Yea, it was a great place." I said.

"Then let's taste you're dish!" Yuki exclaimed.

They took a mackerel fish, and shoved it to their mouths.

"W-what's this! The egg, melted. While the garlic sauce supports the melting progress with extreme flavour!" Isshiki-senpai exclaimed as he grabbed more from the dish.

"The creamy taste, made the fish delicious even though you didn't use the poele method like Yukihira." Shun added.

"Also the art you created with the ingredients is beautiful!" Yuki added.

"You used the advantage of Yukihira's dish and supports the taste, not destroying his dish a bit!" Ryoko finished.

I smiled, this is my cooking. I love making people smile with my cooking. But I need to be better!

I turned to see Soma staring at me. I smirked to see his face darkened.

"Ahhh. That was a delicious combination! Thanks for the food!" They said together.