World Innovator

The Day of the Autumn Elections

Soma POV

After Shiro left, I began testing my dish, and trying different combinations of spices to maximize the flavor. I wanted to win, and show everyone my cooking! Eventually, I completed my dish, and I wanted to show Shiro my creation.

But, right now, it's the day of the autumn elections, and she still hasn't come back yet.

"Soma-kun." Tadokoro started. "What if Shiro doesn't come in time? Do you think she'll miss this competition? What if-"

I hit her on the head gently. "She'll make it, she said that her flight was delayed." I said, showing her the text I received this morning. 

"Soma,

My flight was delayed, so I may arrive later than what I expected, but I will come in time before the competition starts. Don't worry. 

Shiro."

After showing Tadokoro the text, I began to get worried over my sister. After all, she was travelling recently, sending me photos of her with different people. But, I know she'll be fine, right? 

"Soma-kun! Watch out!" Tadokoro exclaimed, pointing towards the sky, where the sound of a helicopter reached out ears.

"Everyone move away! Blanc-sama is here!" I look up to see a helicopter landing in the middle of the school yard. Blanc-sama?

Everyone surrounded the helicopter with curiosity, wondering who they were talking about. I widen my eyes, knowing that 'Blanc-sama' was my own sister. She stepped out, wearing foreign clothing, she wore a long, maroon coat that reaches her thighs, a white t-shirt and blue jeans. Shiro held her pink suitcase while taking off her black hat.  (A/N: Blanc is white in french. The name Shiro (白)in japanese is white.)

"Merci beaucoup, tout le monde! Je te verrai la prochaine fois, au revoir!"  I hear my sister say after she bowed to the security. They all said some words I couldn't understand and left on the helicopter. (A/N: Translation to the french: Thanks you very much everyone! I will see you next time, goodbye!)

After they left, I ran to my sister, ready to bombard her with questions. But then, Hayama, Kurokiba and Takumi ran to her first.

"Are you really Shiro?" Takumi asked. "I thought you've forgot about this competition!"

"Shiro...I never knew you were famous..." Kurokiba said while scratching his neck. "Well, at least you made it, don't be late next time."

"Shiro....who were those people?" Hayama asked while trying to ignore what he just saw.

"Of course, I'm Shiro. And no I am not famous, those people were just my Dad's friends' workers, they just happen to fly me here when I arrive at Japan. Also, I made it in time right? " She explained, then she turn to me.

"Soma! Sorry I'm late, how much time for me to change and get everything ready?" 

I sighed. "You have 10 minutes. And...next time, give me an earlier notice that your flight was delayed! I was worried you idiot!" I exclaimed with an angry expression.

"Well, this happens every time, but at least I can make it. Anyway I'll go change, see you all in A hall. Oh and good luck to you Takumi in B hall." And then she left, leaving me with the other 3 guys.

They glared at me while I was sending death threats and daggers at them. 

"Yukihira Soma, I hope you're prepared to go against me." Hayama said before walking into the hall, followed by Kurokiba.