Lovegood to Luna

Draco's P.O.V
Most of the day went pretty fast. I found out that Luna had the exact same schedule as me so there's more of a chance of us being friends.I think. Or she will hate me more. Either way,we will be spending more time together.

The different houses were aloud to sit together so as I had no friends, I wanted to ask Luna to sit with me. I was standing right behind her and just as I was about to ask her, Ginny came running up to Luna.
" hey Luna,the houses are allowed to sit together now. How about you come and sit with us Gryffindors we haven't seen you in ages. I need to catch up on all the gossip." Before Luna could answer Ginny dragged her to the Gryffindor table and they sat down.
' wow now even looney lovegood has more friends than me' I thought to myself.

I spent most of the meal staring at Luna chatting to her friends. Blaise and pansy noticed me staring at her.
" hey,Draco why are you looking at looney over there?" Blaise asked.
"Thinking of another way to annoy her probably." Pansy scoffed
" I say we hex her, she hates that." Pansy was starting to get really mean thoughts.
" how about we try someone else, we've hexed Luna enough." I said not at all thinking what I just said. I am so stupid.
"LUNA!!??" Blaise and pansy both shouted at the same time. Everyone went dead silent and Luna looked at me in alarm. I blushed so much that I looked like a tomato.
After a while everyone went back to chatting apart from me,Blaise and pansy. There was silence between us until Blaise came out with " you love looney lovegood?"
"You can't love her she's a freak!" Pansy whispered
" hey! I never said anything about loving anyone!"I replied trying to defend both me and Luna.
" come on its obvious you love looney." Blaise said mimicking a snog
" urgh Looney is such a stupid freak no wonder she has no friends."
My face went bright red as I shouted at pansy. " STOP CALLING HER LOONEY SHE DOESNT EVEN LIKE ME AND SHE'S A BETTER FRIEND THAN YOU! SHE IS THE SMARTEST GIRL I KNOW AND I REALLY FEEL GUILTY FOR CALLING HER LOVEGOOD INSTEAD OF LUNA!" After that I stormed out the great hall and went back to the common room.

A few hours later I was sitting on the sofa in front of the fireplace. I heard the door open and small footsteps that I recognized as Luna's. She came and sat next to me, her body was so close to me that I could feel heat radiating off her body. I only looked at the fireplace. I didn't want to bring up what happened at dinner.
"Hello Malfoy" Luna almost whispered
"Please just call me Draco not Malfoy" I replied. I am not ruining my chances of a friendship here!
"But you call me lovegood so I want to call you Malfoy." I immediately felt guilty.
"Bu-"
"Goodnight Malfoy!" She sounded quite annoyed.
Just when she was about to close the door I put my hand in the way to stop the door.
" Luna, please stay with me. You are the last person I want to hate me." She opened the door so it was fully open. Without thinking I pulled her into a hug. She was frozen by shock for a few seconds and the she put her arms around me and we hugged for about 10 minutes.

After we let go we went back to the sofa and she did it. She bought up the dinner incident.
" what was that all about?" She asked
"What?" I think I knew what was coming.
"The thing in the great hall, why did Blaise and pansy shout my name?"
It took me a good few minutes to think of a response.
"Err...well...ummm...I may have got annoyed at them because they were being mean about you and calling you Looney and I called you Luna and then they got annoyed because I lo-- like you." She just nodded her head and then completely let the subject go.

The rest of the night was us just chatting about school and home and things like that. I finally think that we might be friends,finally.