The breakup

No P.O.V

Luna had realized that she's never told Draco about her boyfriend. Neville Longbottom. Would Draco be jealous? She thought to herself.

Draco has been meaning to ask Luna out for a while and he decided today was that day. "Luna could you possibly  meet me at the abandoned classroom in the 3rd floor after lunch?" Now was the time Luna had to tell Draco about Neville. "Umm... Draco I would love to go-" Draco cut her off by walking off saying "great met you there!" She had to tell him now! "DRACO WAIT!" She shouted. He stopped right in his path and turned around. "Yes" he said with a cute little smirk. "I would love to BUT I have to meet with my b...boyfriend." Her voice turned quiet at the last few words but Draco still heard. "BOYFRIEND!!!???" He shouted. His face went bright red and his hands curled into a tight fist. Luna had to admit, she was scared. "WHO IS HE!?" Draco shouted again. He was going to smash her boyfriends face in. "Neville Longbottom!" She was so scared that it slipped out. Neville is going to die!
Even though Draco is strong, this was too much. He loved her and she has a boyfriend. He ran into this room and cried.

After he finished crying, he had an amazing idea. Horrible but amazing. He was going to hide in the place that Luna and Neville are going to meet and sabotage their relationship. He came out of his room and found Luna on the sofa deep in thought. "Luna if I can't meet you at lunch then can I at least walk you to class?" He asked in a shy voice. Luna nodded and got up.

They walked through the hallway together not saying much. They were walking past the hallway when the the Gryffindor common room door swung open. Draco pulled Luna back so she didn't get whacked in the face by a massive door. Out of the door came Neville Longbottom and Clara smith. Neville had lipstick marks all over his face and they both had messy hair and their clothes weren't on right. They hadn't noticed Luna and Draco standing right next to them. "I'll see you tonight nevy." Clara said and pecked him on the lips...well it was more of a snog. 'She called him nevy' Luna thought. Draco noticed that Luna's hands had curled into a fist and her eyes were filled with tears. After Clara had walked off Neville started to walk in Luna and Draco's direction. That was when he noticed his actual girlfriend standing there, watching every move he just made. Tears were now streaming down her face. His eyes opened wide as he looked at Luna. "Luna, I......we...she..." He tried to find an excuse but Luna just shook her head and ran off. Draco tried to grab her but she was to fast. He turned to Neville and scowled. "WHAT THE BLOODY HELL HAVE YOU DONE!?" Draco shouted right into neville's face and then ran off after Luna.

--------------time skip--------------------

Luna was sitting on the sofa, crying. Draco was hugging her and trying to comfort her. He really hated Neville now, more than before.
"Are you still meeting Neville in the abandoned classroom?" Draco asked. Luna just nodded her head. She was going to go but she didn't want to go alone. " would you mind coming with me. I don't want to be alone with him." She sniffed. "Of course I'll come with you. No promises about not punching him in the face though." Luna let out a little giggle.

After lunch Luna and Draco went to the abandoned classroom to find Neville already in there.
"What's he doing here?" Neville scoffed giving Draco a dirty look.
"He's here because I asked him to be." Luna replied trying to defend Draco.
"But he's Draco Malfoy, the horrible ferret."
"He's my best friend." Draco was shocked that Luna had called him her best friend. He was also shocked to find that Luna was holding his hand. Draco smiled at Luna. This is a friendship he had always wanted. Even though he wants more out of Luna.

"Best friend?" Neville scoffed,again.
"Yes" Luna was trying to be strong and it was failing.
"He's mean to you, he always has been!"
"AT LEAST HE WOULDN'T CHEAT ON ME WITH CLARA SMITH!" Luna started shouting and tears were streaming down her face.

"Luna that was nothing." He pulled Luna close to him and kissed her.
"NEVILLE GET THE HELL OFF ME!" She tried to push him away but he was to strong and he kept on kissing her. Draco's face went bright red with anger as he went up to Neville, pulled Luna away and punched Neville right in the middle of the face so hard it made his nose bleed. "GET THE HELL OFF MY LUNA!" Draco shouted and punched him again. "YOUR LUNA IS SHE, I THNK YOUR FORGETTING THAT SHE IS MY GIRLFRIEND." Neville shouted back. He had stepped out of reach of Draco do that he could not be punched anymore.
"No Neville, I'm not your girlfriend, not anymore." Luna said, still with tears streaming down her face. "I may not be Draco's Luna but it doesn't mean I don't want to be." She wasn't supposed to say that out loud. Draco smirked at Neville and whispered just loud enough for only Neville to hear " If you ever come near Luna again, I will hex you. She's mine now."

She walked up to Draco,took his hand, gave him a peck on the cheek and they both started to walk out.  Neville and Draco gave each other a death glare before they left.