Chapter 22

He makes you close your eyes once you get inside. He leads you somewhere and then he lets go of you.

“Louis?” you ask. Where did he go?

“I’m right here love” you hear him say somewhere in the distance.

“Can I open my eyes now?” you whine.

“Hold on” he says and you can hear the smile in his voice and you hear some shuffling. “OK, open them” he says.

You open your eyes to see Louis standing in front of you with his hands behind his back. You are in the living room and you just look at him funny.

“I want to give you something that I’ve been waiting to give to the right girl” he says as he smiles. Your heart flutters when he says ‘the right girl’. He takes his hands from behind his back to reveal a medium sized black flat jewelry box. You gasp and you just smile really big at him.

“Louis I….” you say and you are about to refuse the gift because you didn’t deserve it. But he interrupts you before you could finish.

“No, you can’t make me not give this to you” he says as he gets a little closer to you. Then he opens the box and you gasp really loudly. A huge smile spreads across your face and you can feel tears start to sting your eyes. Laying there in the box was the most beautiful necklace you had ever seen.

You look up at Louis and he is just smiling like an idiot.

“Lou I can’t” you say as you look into his eyes. He just shakes his head and laughs softly as he turns you around. You feel the pendant rest comfortably on your chest as he put the necklace on you. When he clasps it on he turns you back around to where you were facing him. You just stare into each others eyes for a couple of seconds.

“Happy birthday love” he says as he pulls you to him and his lips press against yours. You couldn’t believe that he had just given you that necklace. It looked VERY expensive.

You wrap your arms up around his neck as he holds you against him. Your heart was racing and then he pulls away. You are sad because you wanted to keep kissing him. He just smiles at you.

“Where did you even get this necklace?” you ask him as you grin.

“It was my mother’s” he says as he twists a strand of your hair around his finger and looks into your eyes. “My dad gave it to her. She said that they were so in love and he bought that for her to show her how much he loved her. She said it was the most expensive necklace she had ever gotten” he says as he starts tracing your lips with his finger softly. You body shudders from his touch and he smiles.

“You’re probably wondering why I have it though” he says as he laughs a little and you nod your head.

“Well my mom actually gave it to me. She said that she wanted me to have it so that when I found ‘the one’ I could give it to her, to show her how much she meant to me” he says softly and his lips are really close to yours. Your heart is beating so hard that you were sure Louis could hear it and you had butterflies in your stomach. You always got those when you were around Louis…..or Harry. You didn’t even know what to say because you were so happy and you felt like the luckiest girl in the world. He smiles because he understood why you weren’t saying anything.

“I’ve got one more thing for you” he says as he steps back away from you a little.

“Louis no. I can’t accept anymore gifts from you. You’ve already given me too much” you say as you look at him with pleading eyes. You really didn’t deserve any of this and he acted like it was nothing.