Chapter 2

Spirit woke up the next day to find Spark, her mother, talking with Dark, the she-cat that was coming at night to teach her. "Mom?" Spirit squeaked. "Oh, Spirit! Good morning, what do you need?" She asked. "What are you doing?" Spirit squeaked. "I was just telling Dark here," her voice growled. "That she can't take you out hunting for a little bit." she said. "Aww I wanna go," Spirit said. "Spark, let Dark take Spirit out to hunt," Kill said as he walked up to the talking cats. "Who are you?" Spirit Squeaked. "I'm your father," Kill replied and Spirit's eyes were glowing at the thought of having her dad as the leader of the clan. "Thank you dad!" she meowed, running off toward the entrance of camp. "Thank you Kill I will look after her," Dark said dipping her head and walking off toward the camp entrance where Spirit was.

"Where are we going Dark?" Spirit asked. "We're going out to learn," Dark said, ducking her head from the bushes she couldn't see. "At night?" Spirit asked. "Yes. Hey, Spirit?" Dark asked. "Yes Dark?" Spirit answered. "I-" she hesitated. "When you and the other kits become apprentices and start learning how to be a Clan warrior do you want to be ahead of them?" Dark asked.
"Of course!" Spirit insisted. "Then we have to get training," Dark said, looking forward to walk more. "Alright training!" Spirit said excitedly.

Later at Sunset

"Kill?" Spark asked at the entrance of his den. "Ah, Spark, come in." Kill replied. "Why did you ask me here?" Spark asked, sounding scared. "I wanted to talk to you about Spirit." Kill replied, his blood red eyes glowing in the dark cave. "What about her?" Spark asked. "I think we should skip apprentice training and make her a full warrior, but then we have to stick to tradition..." He started. "Tradition?" Spark asked, shaking. "Yes, we have to put her in enemy territory and make her fight. If she survives she is welcome, and if she doesn't... well, we won't have a new warrior." Kill said. "NO!" Spark blurted out. "What!?" Kill growled. "I won't let Spirit fight for herself when she is so small!" Spark hissed. "I was hoping that you would say yes but I have more authority with our kit." Kill growled. "No, you don't." Spark insisted. "I do, I am her father and clan leader so you have to listen to me." Kill hissed. "No! I don't care what you say. No is my final answer." She hissed, walking out of the den. "If you won't give her to me, I will take her." Kill whispered to himself.

Later that Night

Kill stalked into the nursery where Flame, Spark and Spirit were sleeping. Since Spirit's training was finished she hadn't woken up. As Kill picked up Spirit up by the scruff he stepped on a twig which woke up Flame. "SPIRIT!" Flame yowled which woke up Spark. "Kill I won't let you take her!" Spark hissed, jumping at Kill. "I don't care! She is mine now." Kill hissed, dropping Spirit. "Flame, Take Spirit and run! Don't ever let Kill get to her." Spark meowed, starting to cry.
"Alright Spark." Flame meowed, grabbing Spirit and running behind a bush. "NO!" Kill hissed. "You'll pay for this Spark!" He hissed biting her neck and ending her life. "No!" Flame whispered to herself. "Flame?" Spirit meowed. "What's going on?" Flame picked her up by the scruff and ran away into a rabbit hole. "Stay here Spirit." Flame growled as she ran back into camp and into Kill's den and attacked him. "This is for Spark and Spirit!" She hissed. Flame dragged Kill outside where the BloodClan cats had gathered. "this is what you get for hurting other cats!" She yowled, hissed, then ran away back to the Rabbit hole.