Chapter 3

As Flame ran back into the Rabbit Hole she found Spirit asleep. "Oh I'm sorry Spirit." Flame whispered as she curled her tail around Spirit and fell asleep. "Flame get up!" Spirit nagged at her ear. "Spirit what is it?"  Flame asked sleepily. "Well we need food to survive right?" Spirit asked. "Fine. I'll go hunt, you stay here." She said, getting up and walking out. "Good, she's gone." Spirit said after she left. "I can't let anyone find out... not even Flame." She said, sounding concerned as she started to have shallow breaths. "No no no." She growled and her eyes flashed blood red. "Stop." She started to breath normally again. "SPIRIT!" Flame called walking back into the hole. "Flame!" Spirit walked over, her stomach growling. "Here you go, Spirit." She said, dropping a vole for Spirit to eat. "Thanks!" Spirit said, waving her tail happily and biting down on the vole. "Why am I so tried?" She yawned, curling up. "Oh well you need your sleep, Spirit." Flame laughed. "Why...? Why...?" Spirit softly questioned before she fell asleep. "Why?" Flame thought. "Why would Spirit ask Why?" She was still thinking about it when she fell asleep.

I can't stay here, but I can't leave Spirit behind. Flame thought as she was out in the forest. "What am I going to do!" She meowed out loud. "About what?" She heard a voice and jumped around to see another cat there. "Who are you?" She growled. "My name is Crystalleaf, I am the medicine cat for SnowClan." She said.

"When is Flame getting back with the prey, I mean I'm not allowed to leave the cave so..." Spirit said as Flame entered the cave. "Finally!" Spirit said turning around. "Sorry, I had trouble finding food." Flame said. "It's ok, your doing your best." Spirit gratefully said. "Spirit?" Flame asked. "Yes Flame?" Spirit answers in between bites. "What would happen if you didn't have me with you in the cave?" She said. "What do you mean?" Spirit asked. "Well when I was in the forest I met a cat named Crystalleaf. I was gone so long because she took me to her camp. She showed me their ways of life and how they functioned and.. I want to join them!" Her gaze flickered. "But when I asked if they'd take in a kit as well, they said they didn't have enough prey since their prey is low.."
"You're leaving me to." She heard from the little kit. "Well, I think your ready to be by yourself." She said. "You were the only cat I trusted... Or did trust." Spirit started. "Just go!" She yowled. "If you're leaving me then just go! I don't want to be around you! Just leave!"
She turned her head as Flame got up and walked to the entrance of the hole. "Goodbye Spirit. I hope we meet again someday." She sighed and walked out, leaving Spirit behind.

Spirit had traveled to a cave deep in the forest far away from where Flame had found the old rabbit hole. She had found a rock near the cave she was in and jumped on it. "I don't want anyone to know who I am." She meowed. "Spirit was in the past. I am no longer that kit, I am now Moon!" She meowed on the rock, making her feel like a new kit.