Chapter 5

She was running and had a little bite on her shoulder. There were two big cats chasing her, and she ran past her cave knowing they would find her, and after some more running they finally stopped. But she kept running, and after a while she tripped over a branch and fell rolling down a hill and next to a lake. The only thing she could see was the blue of the rushing water before everything turned black and she passed out.
She awoke right where she passed out and groaned before getting up. She walked around a bit and found that cobwebs were useful for bleeding and she crept back to her cave. She found no trouble so she walked back and fell asleep in her usual spot. The river, she thought. She jolted up and trotted over to the river but heard laughing. She hid behind a tree watching the two cats. A ginger she-cat stood by the water and smiled. "Flamestar!" The smaller one laughed. Flamestar!? she thought. It is Flame! she was furious. "Today was awesome!" She heard the cat next to Flamestar say. "Alright Birchpaw, here is how you catch fish." Flamestar said. Birchpaw is it? Well you won't be laughing for much longer. She thought as she backed up and sprinted away back towards her cave.
"Fish does look good from when Birchpaw and Flamestar caught some. Maybe I'll try." She said to herself as she walked out and trotted over to the river. She made sure no one else was there and lapped up some water. She tried for a while but couldn't get it right, so she gave up and went back to get prey from the forest near her cave.

She ran around the forest, finding prey left and right. "Maybe making my speed increase will cheer me up." She said to herself in between pants. She ran deeper into the forest, not knowing where she went. She stopped to take a break, sniffing around for any prey. A few minutes later she had two rabbits and a vole, and she gulped them down. When she was finished she stood up as the wind started blowing through her fur. She looked up at the moon shining down on her before she started running around the forest.